21

After readjusting his black sunglasses, Namjoon exited the subway station and began to walk toward the nearest park.

The park was quiet, with few people having their casual walks with their pets, and some with their kids. It was a very calming moment for Namjoon as he felt the positive vibes that were given off by the nature around him.

A smile crept up his face as he continued to walk down the paved pathway when suddenly someone called out for him from behind.

"Joonie oppa!"

He turned at the voice and saw Seorim was approaching him.

"Why are you calling me that?! We're in public!" he sternly said, in a whispery tone.

"Where were you? I was looking for you!" Seorim whined, grabbing his hand, and swinging it back and forth.

"We already met last week."

"But I want to meet you every week. Even better, every day!"

"Don't be ridiculous," Namjoon said, shaking his hand off her grip.

She then crossed her arms over her chest and began to show him her pouty look.

"If you can go to that girl's café every day, why can't you meet me? Instead of meeting her, it's me who you should see!"

"What are you talking about?"

"It has been years since our school days. I want to spend more time with you," Seorim muttered, as she walked closer to him, slowly linking her arm with his. "I know it was my fault back then, hanging out with guy friends. But I thought you would be okay with it. I didn't know you were bothered by it. So I want to make it up to you."

"What do you mean?" Namjoon asked, his brows furrowed when she looked up at him and flashed him a toothy smile.

"Let's date. Plus, we're both well-known everywhere. A model and an idol together. All the attention would be on us," she giggled, getting herself closer to him.

"No, absolutely not! I'm not betraying our fans!"

"They have no right to control your relationship life! So what?" she sighed, then tugged his arm hard. "Or do you have feelings for someone else? Hyun Ae, I guess?"

"Do not drag her into this," he said in his deep voice, staring at Seorim beside him. "And I won't date anyone!"

"Fine! But still, I want to spend time with you every day." Seorim explained, still hugging his arm before their eyes met. "As friends... If you can agree with me on that. For old-time sake?"

Namjoon let his free hand run through his hair and then over his face, suddenly getting tired a bit. Then he sighed.

"First of all, let go of me." And with that Seorim let go of his arm, but still stood closer to him. They both then began to walk together as he asked. "Where do you want to go?"

**a Few days later**

It was a bright, calming day. Hyun Ae stared out of the window, letting out a sigh as she looked up at the clear sky, smiling to herself.

She was humming to 'Miss Right' as she continued to groom the plants she had in the café when she heard someone running towards her.

"Eonnie," Yoon Hee whispered, tapping on her shoulder quickly.

"What?" Hyun Ae worriedly asked, noticing the nervous state Yoon Hee was in.

"Did you check the internet?"

"Hm? I already paid this month's WiFi cost, why do I have to check it?"

"Urgh. Not the café's internet connection. I mean... the news on the internet. Have you seen it?"