Shower

I had started slowly waking up when I felt something brush my cheek. I felt a soft surface under me. It was a bed. Alexander's bed. I knew because the silky sheats smelled like him.

He touched one of my scratches on my cheek and I hissed in pain. His hand instantly went away.

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" The panic in his voice was evident. I sat up opening my eyes and looked at him.

He had cleaned up and there was no blood on him now. I on the other hand was still really dirty and bloody.

"How's your arm?" I asked.

"Don't worry about me"

"Then don't worry about me"

"You know I can't do that"

"Then don't ask me to do it"

If I could cross my arms I would do it now.

"It's not the same I-" he cut himself off and lowered his gaze.

"You what?"

"Nevermind" He murmured.

"Why do you always keep things from me? You need to tell me what's going on, no more secrets"

"I can't, you'll hate me"

"Don't you think I've seen enough already? You need to trust me just like I trusted you Alex because if I find out later, it will be worse" It wasn't easy seeing him struggle like this but I had to know.

"I can't lose you"

"If you don't tell me then I'll leave" I forced myself to say. It hurt to say it but I couldn't blindly trust someone. Not after my own family betrayed me.

His head instantly snapped back up.

"Don't day that-"

"I'm sorry but I can't trust a stranger"

"Is that what I am to you?"

Dang it, I don't want to hurt you like this Alex.

"I can't just blindly trust you Alex. I've been through too much for that"

"You won't understand" He shook his head.

"Don't you trust me?" I was getting angry now. I had trusted him with my past. "I can't believe I trusted you" I shook my head and stood up. My pride wouldn't let my legs collapse, I had to get out of this room.

But then he caught my wrist and I fell back on the bed in his arms.

"How can I not trust you-" He murmured his face too serious and too close to mine "-when I love you?"

I was beyond surprised, I had to take several seconds to understand what he had just said. My eyes were wide open and my jaw had dropped.

"I-" He shushed me and brushed my lips with his finger.

"Don't say anything. I know you don't love me. You don't know half about me yet so you can't love me, but I couldn't keep it in for longer" His lips were just a breath away from mine. "I love you" He whispered and gently kissed my lips.

The way he said those three words made me shiver. It was full of emotion, full of love and care and longing. He didn't just say it to get it out of the way. He said it because he meant it.

"Then tell me" I said breaking the kiss.

"Let's get you in the shower and treat your wounds and we'll see okay?"

That was the best I could get so I nodded and let him carrying me to the shower. He got inside and he let me down, my bare feet touching the cold marble floor as he slid the glass doors closed.