I.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ i am not a stranger to the dark

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i am not a stranger to the dark.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE WORLD is full of obvious things that many fail to observe. no one looks up at the chimneys or the trees laid against the sky or the tops of buildings towering above. everybody stares down with their eyes on the pavement or the screens of their phones drowning out the rest of their senses. it's the sound of their shoes and the steps their taking or the text that's coming — what else could really be of importance nowadays? the whole world could pass them by and no one would even have a clue.

he would know, though, he always did. the casual glance over the sunglasses perched on his nose and the relaxed position of his wrist on top of the steering wheel.

the watch said it was half past noon. ten minutes late. god he would never hear the end of it now.

the skill of observation was never truly lost, maybe dying, but that was only more beneficial. he could take one look at someone and know nearly everything about them.

the woman standing at the side of the street, waiting for her turn to cross. she had a curved spine, occasionally fixing her posture every few seconds and most likely hating that office job where she sat for numerous hours. mid thirties, no children since it was the school pickup time now and there wasn't a ring on her finger for the husband to be doing it. the two indents on her nose, in between her eyes, she'd run at it and probably put on her glasses again once she's at home and away from the public, it was common to see ladies feeling more secure with contact lenses advertised to make you more beautiful. it was somewhat sad.

small things like this brought back too many memories, the good ones that had him clutching the steering wheel and closing his eyes, thinking back to the adrenaline days and schemes carefully planned out with the best observations put in place to ensure perfection.

the light was red. a few months ago that wouldn't have stopped him, he'd be tearing down the street like a whisper in the wind with no chance of being caught, a legend to only be heard of. but doing that would be like walking back to the concrete cell and locking the door himself.

not again, he repeated in his mind. that was a mistake, the trust that was broken and then strings in one's heart torn like it was nothing.

jungkooks hands clutched at the wheel, the red emotion pulsing through his veins nearly identical to that of the traffic light. maybe a second layer, his heavy boot would have pressed down on the pedal, a simple wish to leave behind that feeling that's sat in his chest the past six months.