Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Audrey wore a beige sleeveless strap bodice which shows moderate cleavage from the V-neck line. The chiffon A line dress flowed to floor showing a high slit to the mid-thigh. Her wavy hair falls naturally paired with a simple diamond earing which was passed down from her grandmother. Finishing the look with a pair of three inch gold strappy heels and a gold clutch. She put on a peach lipstick and took one last look before stepping out of the house. She stepped out of the house to greet Ethan who was taking in her appearance.

"You look lovely, Miss chef." He took her hand and kissed her knuckles, taking out a stalk of light pink rose.

"Another rose? I will start to expect a rose on each upcoming date now, Mr Loyd. Do I have to google the meaning of the pink rose myself too?" She took the flower and take the scent of the sweet rose, smiling at him as he was taken aback by her words 'upcoming date'. Will we have more upcoming dates?

"You know me well, Miss chef but don't put your hopes too high." He said looking fine in his tailored black suit with his usual style of open buttoned top white shirt.

"Charming." They stepped inside the car and drove to the event location. They sauntered into the grand ballroom andwere  greeted by some of the familiar faces that she met from the past events. Ethan greeted the friendly host of the night which might be about the same age of his father.

"Mr Gene, this is Audrey. Audrey, this is Mr Gene, one of my father's oldest dear friend."

"Pleasure to meet you, sir. Congratulations on the expansion, sir, it's amazing how you're so dedicated in your work." She greeted shaking his wrinkled yet firm handshake.

"Pleasure is all mine to meet a beautiful young lady. I'm just doing what I love. Keeps me busy." He replied and turned to Ethan.

"You have found a wonderful woman here, Ethan. Make sure you take good care of her." He looked giving him a warning look and excused himself. They continued towards their table to greet his father. She shook his father's hands and cannot help but wonder where was his mother. He never brought up anything about his family. Ethan excused himself to get them drinks.

"How are you Miss Bouquet?" His father asked with a stern voice.

"I'm good, Mr Loyd. How are you?" She answered surprised that his father would start a conversation with her. The last time they met, he only sat there without exchanging a single word to her.

"I'm good. You're here again with Ethan, that's new. How is your relationship with Ethan, Miss Bouquet?" He questioned.

"Well, to be honest, I'm not quite sure, sir. We are just friends who are getting to know more about each other I guess." She replied sheepishly.

"That's good. People need to get to know each other before they decide to commit. What do you seek from my son, Miss Bouquet? You're a chef, from what I heard?" His father's tone was flat and his words are blatant.

"Yes, sir. I am a chef and I opened a catering business that works for events like today. And Ethan? I just feel that he is a great man and all I wanted right now is to get to know more about that man." She said with affirmation.

"He will be a great man but is still acting like a boy sometimes, being reckless and impulsive. Maybe your maturity might bring him to his senses, Miss Bouquet." He replied thinking that Ethan do need to find a sufficient girl to bring him an heir or this empire would be in vain.

"Thank you sir, but I think Ethan has matured and has been trying his best to be responsible. He is able to control and manage the corporation exeedingly well, sir." She felt the urge to defend him.

"Yes, perhaps Miss Bouquet." He nodded and excused himself just in time Ethan came back with the drink.