Chapter 36

Chapter 36

The next few days, Audrey was at her office creating new menu and finalizing on a few changes with the other chefs.

"Chef, we have four upcoming events this week, and the wine purchase order has been placed. We have hired three more chefs and the contracts for the full time job has been finalises." Carrie handed the papers to her for confirmations.

"We're catering for Loyd this week?! Oh gosh... Will you be able to handle it yourself as the head chef on that day Carrie?" She requested hoping that she could avoid meeting Ethan again after their last encounter with a certain lady in his arms.

"I can't be the head chef for that day because chef Kimmy won't be available so we will be short of chefs."

"Alright, anything else that I need to know, Carrie?" She asked disappointed reviewing the papers in her hands.

==

"Girl, you are crazy, please drink this glass of water before you passed out. Or do I have to chug them down your throat myself, now?" Ava gave Audrey a glass of water which she had been refusing since yesterday. She had planned not to drink a sip to eliminate the possibility of her going to the bathroom, she planned a masterplan of avoiding Ethan by not stepping out of the kitchen.

"You are one crazy bitch. You are risking your catering reputations by not being able to focus and do your job well by being dehydrated. Come to your senses, Audrey Bouquet." She warned suddenly bringing her back to her senses. She should not be risking her business for being afraid to meet him. The mere thought of possibly seeing him. They will eventually meet in one of these occasions since he was a valuable guest to most event and her catering business was in high demand.

"I hate it when you make so much sense that it appalled me, Ava." She scoffed gulping the water not realising how parched she actually was.

"If I happen to go to the bathroom and bumped into him, you're on my hit list, Ava." She threatened moving her index finger across her throat as a sign to her friend who looked bemused. She went to her room, took a long cold shower and put on a simple navy long sleeved dress that flowed slightly below her knee. She grab her coat, took a cab to the event space and started assembling the usual procedures. She prepared the food and was already halfway serving the main course. Cursing Ava for forcing her to drink because now she truly needed to go to the bathroom. She held until the dessert preparations were ready to be served and excused herself to go to the bathroom. She looked around making sure not to meet him. Making her way quickly to the bathroom and hurried back to the kitchen. Unforfortunately, she was too busy scouting for Ethan that she accidentally bumped into someone.

"Stupid bitch. Look what you've done! Don't they have a place for you at the back of the kitchen or something!" The woman with a strawberry blond hair scowled. Her plunging neckline with high slit silver dress was now faintly drenched by the champagne that she was holding. The make-up and her attitude disrupted her rather beautiful face. She held her tongue, not wanting to make a scene, although her clothes was partially drenched as well.

"Here. My apologies, mam." She offered the small towel from the table which she took, no, snatched impolitely without a word.

"I could fire you for just ruining my dress, you stupid bitch! Truly, no wonder you'll always be in that low cast people!" She scowled in her high pitched voice.

"Yes, mam. I am proud to be in the low class group of people because I don't have to deal with fake miserable bitch who put too much cake on her face that I can't even see her eyes, who needs to parade her body off for show since she had nothing else to give and tried too damn hard to get the attention of some rich guys who don't even give a damn about because your intelligence and your attitude does seem to belong in the same group which is so much lower than my group." She responded flatly making sure to look into her wide infuriated green eyes although the blond woman was towering over her in her killer 6 inch heels while she was in her flats. Her mouth gaped, unable to respond to her remarks.

"Bitch! I will make sure you to be fired by the manager! I know the owner of the place and you will hear from me! Bouquet Catering my ass!" She retorted in rage and stomped out after trying to dry out her dress leaving her and a few stunned women in the bathroom.

"Sorry for the drama, mams." She tried to be civilized after the few exchange of insults.

"You are bold, chef. I like you." Another blond woman who looked immensely familiar said to her. She was in a long black beaded halter neck dress which fits perfectly on her petite body. Her face somehow seemed awefully familiar. Oh God! She was the woman that she met at Ethan's home.

"You looked familiar. Have we met before? Gosh I hate this, it's like I know you but I can't remember. Anyway, I'm Lana." She stretched out her hands and she took it with grace and honour, not wanting to create another drama.

"I don't recall. I'm Audrey." She answered shortly.

"What you did there was amazing! I wished I could've done that to her! Yeah she's a Dumbo. I hope you don't classify all rich girls as that though." She praised.

"No, of course not. Just specifically for her. You can't just accuse people of something and insult them repeatedly. That's just rude." She replied trying to dry herself with the towel which is not helping at all.

"And someone need to put her in her place. I like you already. Don't worry I can help you if you got into trouble because of the Dumbo. I'll talk to the manager." She asserted making her more jealous that she turned out to be such a nice woman instead of a similar to Dumbo person.

"You don't have to do that, it's fine, really. I don't want to make use of you for my own actions. I should take full responsibility for it. Thank you so much, though. I am sorry but I think I better get back to the kitchen now. I'll see you around, Lana." She excused herself.

"Alright then, bold and honourable. Now I really like you. I hope to see you again, Audrey." She continued to fix her make-up as Audrey stepped out of the bathroom.

"There, that bitch right there. Do something about it will you! Or should I report you to Ethan as well?!" She screeched. Gosh, she's still in for more drama?