Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"Yes Miss. I will personally deal with the chef, Miss." The manager who was in his forties acknowledged the complaint from the strawberry blond haired woman.

"Well, what are you waiting for?!" She whined in her high pitched voice and pointed at Audrey who was standing beside the manager.

"Yes, Miss. I will talk to her in the office, Miss. Miss Bouquet, pl-"

"What! Now! Make her apologize to me now!" She continued probably enjoying the audience around her.

"What the fück is going on here! Mr Deen?" Hissed a man whom she recognized very well.

"I apologize, mam. For the actions, it was reckless of me to bump into you. However, I am not sorry for my words. Mr Deen, I will personally go to your office and meet you after the event so we don't have to make a scene here. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to the kitchen and not start another episode here. Mam, Mr Deen, Mr Loyd." She tried to walk away from the one man she tried to avoid all night and now he was here because of the Dumbo. Unfortunately, the blond woman pulled her arms aggressively that she almost toppled, making her chef hat fell to the floor. Her nails purposely pierced through her delicate skin but she resisted to flinch, not wanting to satisfy her pride.

"That's enough Patricia! Let her go. I saw the whole thing and I said... Let. Her. Go. You just liked the attention. She already apologized politely when you both accidentally bumped into each other, but you had to insult her repeatedly. She has the rights to defend herself. Come on brother. She's too much now. I apologized Audrey on her idiotic behalf." Lana said as Patricia scratched through her grip leaving a bloody scar on Alison's upper arm.

"It's fine, Lana. Thank you. I better get back to work now. Please excuse me." She said immediately holding her stinging upper arm. Lana looked at Audrey and her face suddenly lit up.

"Oh! She's that girl!" She screamed in a whisper to her brother who was glaring back at her with warning, not to say another word.

"Hi Alison, my dear, what's going on? What's with the crowd?" Cale came up to her a few steps away from the group that had gathered but Ethan could see them clearly.

"Hi Cale, it's nothing. People like to get as much attention as possible I guess." She replied.

"Oh and thank you dear for the notes on making the perfect halibut dish, mother truly loved it. Lucky that I bumped into you last week, huh?" He said and winked.

"No problem. You have to thank your employee for asking me to meet her at that coffee shop then. Anyway, I better get back to work now. See you Cale." She said and went towards the kitchen still holding onto her bloody arm that she managed to hide from anyone's sight. Came back to the kitchen and the other chefs had cleared up the stations as she apologized for not being able to help as much. Making sure that the staffs were able to clear and load the things to the van, she excused herself again to meet with Mr Deen as promised. She walked to his office, which she already knew where as she met with him many times when she was still seeing Ethan and had been catering for the Loyd's events multiple times.

"Mr Deen?" She knocked on the door to find him behind the stacks of papers.

"Miss Bouquet, I think I owe you an apology instead as Miss Lana explained. Miss Patricia do like to draw attention at times but I also need to give you a minor warning as well, for the sake of paperwork, Miss Bouquet." The chubby man said.

"Yes, of course I understand, Mr Deen. Is Miss Lana, Mr Loyd's sister? Cause, I don't see the resemblance." She asked dying to know who this Lana was and who she was to Ethan.

"Yes, Miss Lana is Mr Loyd's half-sister. Mr Loyd is their father and-" He trailed when he saw the door opened and stood up immediately when he saw his boss.

"I'll just go, Mr Deen. Thank you. Mr Loyd." She was turning to the door when he spoke.

"Please leave us, Mr Deen." He said flatly, his eyes never left hers as he spoke making her puzzled.

"Yes, sir." He stepped out the room almost tumbling a few times, sensing the awkward tension in the room leaving Ethan and Audrey in the room, just the two of them.