Chapter 21.

All the formalities were complete and now finally it was time to take Dev home. Nandini had called her family before the discharge so Nyonika, cabir and pooja could come.

Soon everyone comes and dev was ready to go home, Nandini brings dev out slowly by holding his hand and manik was on the other side holding his hand.

They take him to the car and make him sit carefully, Nyonika thanks Nandini and after that they leave to go home.

Nandini goes back in the hospital taking a deep breath and praying hope everything goes well for dev.

————————

The next day it was 4pm and the preparations were still going on for the engagement at Nandini's house.

Nandini was in Navya's room getting her ready. Navya was wearing a beautiful net pink lehenga, Nandini had called makeup artist to do navyas makeup professionally.

After a good 2 hours navya was finally ready, it was 6pm and the guests were supposed to come by 7 so Nandini had an hour to get ready.

Nandini goes to her room and starts getting ready.

While on the other hand, Maniks family had already left as they were supposed to go early. Cabir was wearing a black tuxedo where as manik was wearing a navy blue suit.

Nyonika was wearing a saree and pooja was wearing a gown. They were almost about to reach the Murthy mansion.

Nandini had done her makeup and hair she just needed to wear her lehenga then she was ready.

Nandini wore her lehenga bur was unable to tie her doori at the back.

"Areh itni hard Kyun hain" Nandini says while trying to reach the dori.

"Kaash mein flexible hoti" Nandini says to herself, there was a knock on the door.

"Mumma Aap ho? Please meri dori tie kardo na" Nandini says without turning around, but it wasn't devyani it was manik.

Manik didn't say anything he just stood there. He was mesmerised seeing Nandini's beauty, she looked absolutely gorgeous in her lehenga.

"Mumma" Nandini says annoyingly. Manik comes forward to help.

Manik walks over to her. Manik moves Nandini's hair from her back so he can tie her dori. Nandini felt weird so she looks up from the mirror and she was shocked to see manik.

She was about to move away but manik holds her dori. Nandini stops she could feel her heartbeat beating fast.

Manik ties the dori slowly, while Nandini looks at him from the mirror. Nandini couldn't take it anymore she moves away without letting manik finish.

Manik holds her hand and twists her around making her face him. Nandini accidentally puts her hands on his chest because of the force.

Manik moves closer to her, he twists his head and leans closer to her shoulder leaning on it so he can tie the dori.

Nandini closes her eyes, manik leans in and finishes doing the dori. He moves away after it finished.

Nandini opens her eyes as manik moves away. She looks up at him.

Nandini moves away and grabs her dupatta covering her.

"Thank you" Nandini says softly and was about to leave but manik calls her.

"Nandini mujhe Tumhe kuch baat karni hain" manik stops her, she stops and turns around.

"Hmm"