Chapter 20: "It's A Date."

softhargreeves threatened to take away my phone if i didn't start writing so this chapter is dedicated to him/her (also i love your comments you and aimee015678 always make me laugh)

status: unedited

▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎

Five
I'm staring at the large portrait of me hanging in the living room, mulling over my conversation with Y/N. A single tear trickles down my cheek as I remember how she had pushed me away. In her defense, I had been a douchebag before.

Suddenly, Vanya comes up behind me. Hastily wiping my face I turn to her and say casually "Nice to know Dad didn't forget me." "No one did," she says, "Especially not Y/N. She stayed locked up in her room for over a week after you... disappeared." "So I heard. Read your book, by the way. Found it in a library that was still standing," I state. She looks down and I continue "I thought it was pretty good, all things considered. Yeah, definitely ballsy, giving up the family secrets. Sure that went over well."

"They hate me," she mumbles. "Oh, there are worse things that can happen," I deadpan, my time spent in the apocalypse flashing in front of my eyes. "You mean like what happened to Ben?" I stay silent. I was never really close with any of the other students except for Number X, so I didn't feel much about the Horror's passing. In the end, I settle with "Was it bad?" She nods "It was the reason Y/N left. She was barely eighteen, but she struck out into the world. She tried to put everything here into the past, including you. But she never could."

"We had a... talk earlier. She said that she loved me. Was it true?" I ask softly. Vanya glares at me "Oh, it was true. She loved you so much her heart cracked permanently when you left. She hasn't been able to stay in a relationship ever since. Why did you leave, anyway? To prove a point to a senile old man?" I'm quiet in the face of Number Seven's anger. Her voice drops "Was it worth it, Five?"

A life I could have had with Y/N, my family... I gave it all up for the apocalypse and the Commission just because of my teenage stubbornness. So softly she can barely hear it I reply "No." "That's what I thought. Now run along Five, you've probably got someone else to let down," Vanya walks out of the room angrily. And I'm left alone once again in an ancient house filled with far too many memories.

• ♧ • ♧ • ♧ • ♧ • ♧ •

Y/N
It's a horrible day to be outside. And yet here I am, shivering under the uncomfortable drizzle with a black umbrella as my only shield. Luther decided to have Dad's 'memorial' today, like the genius he is.