•◦ 19 ◦•

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER NINETEEN
ᴅᴏɴ' ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER NINETEEN• ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

You place the urn in the niche before closing the glass. You step back and Jimin wraps his arm around your shoulder.

"Jin lived a good life. He loved everyone in it and was always happy," Jimin turns to you. "And he left with you by his side—his biggest wish."

"He's gone," You whisper, eyes fixated on the picture of him. "We won't see him anymore. We won't get to hug him or hear that laugh of his. I'm not ready to let go."

Jimin pulls you into a hug, his body tightly embracing yours as he rubs your back.

"He's in a better place, Y/N. Here, he was suffering. He kept up a joyous façade, but he was still in agony."

"It's not fair," You murmur. "Why is it always the best people that leave so soon?"

"I don't know, Y/N," Jimin whispers into your hair. "I don't know."

Slowly pulling away from Jimin, you wipe away your tears and look at him, "I have to go."

"Where are you going?" You look away for a split second and Jimin sighs. "Right."

"It's not how it sounds, Jimin," You answer. "We're over."

"Am I hearing you correctly?" You nod. "What happened?"

"He made me choose between him and Jin."

"So are you two done? For good?" Jimin bites his lip nervously.

"I was always so scared to end our relationship first even though it crossed my mind to do it so many times," You shrug. "But this was his decision and I'm glad he made it. Maybe I'm not happy with how it happened, but what can I do, right?"

"Yeah," He answers softly. "I'm glad, Y/N. He wasn't good for you."

"Trust me," You chuckle. "I've heard that way too many times."

• • • •

After leaving the columbarium, you head straight to Jungkook's house to pick up your things. You've been avoiding him for three days, but it was time to face your problems.

Not bothering to knock on the door, you use your keys to unlock it. The music coming from the living room reaches your ears as you close the door behind you.

You make your way to the living room and find Jungkook sniffing in the white powder off the coffee table. Jungkook, too busy with his drugs, doesn't notice how you walk over to the speaker and unplug it, cutting off the music.