Ten: Wound

The blond male was staring at you intensely. The pressure of his gaze was challenging your focus, which was bad, considering that you were in the middle of sewing his wound. You could understand that it was only natural for him to be wary around you. He knew nothing about you, your past, and it even seemed that he hadn't been aware of your existence until not long ago.

It would, however, be nice if he spoke up a little, you thought, carefully piercing Shizuo's skin with a needle.

As if he could hear you, the blond guy suddenly coughed up.

"Thank you," it seemed that much power was needed for him to say these words. The tension between the two of you suddenly dropped when you realised that he didn't think of you critically. A quiet rustle clashed through the room as you put down your tools.

"You're welcome," you replied with a light smile.

Shizuo opened his mouth to say something, when the flat's door suddenly opened. The two of you quickly turned towards the source of the noise to see a slim man leaning on the doorway. Seeing his amused expression was enough for you to guess that he knew Shizuo more than well. You quickly moved your eyes from Izaya to Shizuo to examine his reaction. You nearly jumped up in surprise, seeing how much his face had changed. A furious grimace spread across his mouth.

"Welcome to my flat, Shizu-chan," Izaya's voice was filled with irony.

"Izaya," the blond guy groaned, taking a step forward.

Izaya shielded himself with a knife.

"Aren't you going to throw something at me?," he asked curiously.

"I have some honour," Shizuo replied, leaving Izaya's flat.

The two of you were alone.