Chapter 16

Riker's POV

Bill was holding my shirt and yelling at me one minute, then I feel pain in my stomach.

HOLY SH*T BILL JUST STABBED ME.

I screamed and fell to the ground then everything went black.

Kaitlyn's POV

The paramedics came 15 minutes after I called 911, and I'm covered in Riker's blood.

My mom let them in, and Bill disappeared. The paramedics got Riker on the stretcher and carried him outside.

I ran after them asking if he was gonna be ok several times.

"Are you the sister?" the paramedic asked.

"No, I'm the girlfriend," I replied. Wait what just came out of my mouth?

"Hop in but don't get in the way," The paramedic ordered.

I got in and they drove to the hospital. When we arrived they rushed out and got Riker into the emergency room.

They made me sit in the the waiting room and I didn't realize how hard I was crying until then.

10 minutes later and the doctor hasn't come out yet. I told the nurse all of Riker's personal information, and she told me everything was going to be fine.

"Kaitlyn what happened?," a shaky voice sobbed from behind me.

I turn around and find my mom and the lynch family. Every Lynch is in tears.

"R-Riker he got s-stabbed," I stuttered. We all sobbed and hugged it was nice but weird.

"Riker Lynch?," a doctor asked.

"Yes doctor," Mark replied.

"Riker is in critical condition that knife punctured his abdomen, we're doing everything we can," the doctor said, "but Riker has a 30 percent chance of making it, prepare for the worst."

"Can we see him?" I sobbed.

"Are you all family?" he asked.

"Yes," Stormie replied.

The doctor motioned us to follow him and he led us to a hospital room.

"We're prepping for surgery so make it quick," the doctor said leaving the room.

Riker looked terrible, I feel like this is all my fault. The Lynch's crowded Riker and I hung back.

The room was full of tears and sadness. Stormie looked at me and she whispered something to Mark.

"Kids let go to the waiting room and give Kaitlyn some time with Riker," Mark ordered. All of the Lynch's left and my mom left the room as well.

I walked over to Riker and sat down beside him.

"Don't leave me Riker, you promised you wouldn't," I cried, "you promised that if I didn't kill myself you'd never leave me."

I held his hand and kissed it. I was hoping he would move and say I'm never gonna leave you Kaitlyn but he didn't.

"If you make it through this Riker, I promise I will make it up to you," I sobbed, "we'll ditch school and runaway together."

"Miss, it's time for his surgery," a nurse told me. I nodded and left the room.

I sat down next to Rydel and laid my head on her shoulder and to my surprise two cops walked in.

"Melinda and Kaitlyn Henderson?" he said walking over to us.

"Yes sir," my mom said.

"I'm afraid you two are under arrest for the murder of Keith Wright, and the stabbing of Riker Lynch," the cop said.

"But we didn't kill or stab them," I said.

"Well we're taking you two down to the station anyway," the other cop said.

The cops put me and my mom in cuffs, and took us down to the station.