XXX.

"hello?" jocelyn's voice was hoarse as she answered her ringing phone without taking a look at the screen

"jocelyn?" bonnie was on the other line, watching their mother stand emotionless in her garden.

"bonnie," jocelyn pulled the sheets over bare chest as she sat up, holding her phone with her shoulder. she pushed klaus' arm from around her waist gently, careful not to wake the hybrid. "what is it?"

"abby— they turned her and i don't—" bonnie's voice was laced with desperation. jocelyn felt a frown pull at her lips at the sound. "i don't know how to help her. i know you don't owe her anything— you don't owe either of us anything, but as your sister i'm asking for your help. she didn't choose this, joce. please."

jocelyn was silent for a few moments, letting her mind process the news and let it sit. the image of her grandmother found it's way into her thoughts. she let out a sigh. "where are you, bonnie?"

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"i can't believe i'm doing this."

jocelyn recited outside of her mother's home, her arms crossed over her chest as she stared up at the house. the heretic was doing it for bonnie. maybe it was her guilt from all the things she'd done to her sister through their years or maybe it was the love she held for the witch, but she knew the second she heard bonnie's desperation, she was a goner. the other part of her knew she was doing it for her grams, but jocelyn was quick to shake her head at the image that came to mind.

jocelyn didn't know how she'd help a newly turned with control when it was something she struggled with as well, but she'd help any way bonnie needed her too.

"abby!"

at the sound of bonnie's shouting inside, jocelyn appeared in the home. the witch had used her magic to shove her mother against a wall as jamie bled out on the floor.

"well," jocelyn spoke up, leaning against the wall. her eyes lingered over the boy on the floor before they met her mother's shocked ones. "isn't this wonderful?"

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"you have to drink these, it'll help." bonnie said, trying to hand the blood bag to her mother.

"i almost killed him." abby stopped in her pacing to look at her two daughters.

jocelyn's arms were crossed over her chest, the heretic seemingly disinterested. "it happens a lot at first when you're new, abby. you have to learn control."

"no, no!" abby shook her head at the bennett's words. glancing to the dark sky for a moment before her eyes fell onto bonnie. "i should just go right now. before i hurt jamie again. or you."