Few Centimetres Apart

Miki Ratsula - ''They'' Dodie Cover

Am I allowed

To look at them like that?

Could it be wrong

When they're just so nice to look at?

The water was still before it was disturbed. Peering down past the surface, a blurry white figure sat at the bottom, a steady stream of bubbles floating up from him to the surface.

''Ten minutes! He just broke his own record. The guy's inhuman!'' Kai exclaimed to the others while you squinted as you looked down.

''You sure he didn't drown?" You questioned in concern, eyeing the others beside you.

''Positive,'' Cole affirmed in an attempt to clear your doubts.

Zane's blond hair broke the surface, sending little ripples in the water that faded. The boys laughed with joy while you smiled at the sight of the nind- human.

''Amazing!'' The Earth Ninja exclaimed while he looked down at the Ice Ninja.

''We're not worthy!'' Jay added, bowing.

''I broke the record?" Zane inquired.

Kai held up the timer to show him. ''You destroyed it!''

''Shattered it to pieces.'' You grinned at the boy, who smiled at you.

''Okay, okay. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about all we've accomplished.'' Jay told the other ninja.

They then began to discuss all the things they did up to this point while you decided to do a handstand on the railing of the Destiny's Bounty. Steadily taking a hand off the rail, the arm supporting your weight began to wobble, like a ballerina on the tips of their toes for the first time.

''Careful, (Y/n).'' Zane cautioned while observing you.

Taking a deep breath, you steadied the wobbling. ''Steady is a stone.'' You reminded yourself while your arm began to ache due to how much weight it supported. Placing your other hand down on the rail, Zane then helped you down onto the deck.

Once that was done, you and the boys went to search for Wu, while you used your outhandstanding skill to follow them. They stopped boasting amongst themselves as soon as they saw Wu putting away a katana. Respectfully, the ninja bowed, while you could only dip your toes downward.

''Our apologies, Sensei. We've interrupted you.'' Zane remorsefully spoke.

Wu held the wrapped katana, his back to you and the others. The Sensei then placed it in a box, still keeping his back to you.

The old man sighed. ''I'm sorry if I've been distant lately. My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing. What can I help you with?'' He faced the window.

''Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our True Potential? What if we're ready?'' Cole questioned the old tea-obsessed man.

Wu turned to the group, blinking a few times as he spotted you handstanding while the others stood. Refocusing, he continued. ''Hm. You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and every one of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your True Potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance to stop the Serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer.'' He informed.