Chapter Four

EVEN WHEN THE FIGHTING IN NEW YORK STOPPED, THOR STILL FELT TROUBLED. His brother had disappointed him again, and he didn't know whether to grow angry or accept his new character. What would be left for Loki when they returned home to Asgard? What would his father think of him?

That wasn't the only thought crossing Thor's mind. What would they do with the lady? He couldn't possibly leave her after putting her into this state. Although the God did not have many encounters with humans he felt curious about them. How did they live when their lives on earth were so precious? Surely they would be more grateful than he has been considering he had spent the last 1000 years alive.

Thor sat in Stark Towers with his hand rubbing his beard thoughtfully. His brother was chained up while Natasha and Clint watched him cautiously. "What's taking so long green man," Thor demanded as he looked at the brunette laying peacefully on the table.

Bruce Banner sighed examining her skin closely just as he was about to speak he noticed a purple line stretching from her collar bone down. The lines got darker above her heart. "How do you explain that oh, mighty?" He replied looking to Thor.

"Her heart stopped I had to shock her to keep it beating. Not enough to kill her, but it worked so I don't see a problem," Thor replied grumpily, "just tell me why she hasn't awoken."

Tony walked in with a drink in his hand, "yes Banner please tell us why a woman is bleeding on my kitchen table."

Thor stood dropping his hammer to the ground with force as he walked up to Stark with squinted eyes, "The girl's home is destroyed, her family may be dead due to Loki's gimmicks. I shall emend my brother's mistakes."

Tony rolled his eyes as he walked away from Thor's angry frame, "sure save her to help your Godly ego."

Banner diffused the tension between them by speaking up, "she is experiencing a femoral stress fracture to her right leg. The swelling should go down but she won't be able to walk on that until it's fully healed. Cognitive symptoms show that she most likely has suffered from a grade 3 concussion from impact. She will experience memory loss and mild brain damage."

Thor's eyes went wide as he continued, "Your handy work of simulating a defibrillator also left some light scarring on the chest."

"Is she dying?" Thor asked nervously looking at the injuries present on the girl.

"Broken leg plus concussion don't equal death. Look Blondie if it makes you feel any better we can hold her here until she's on her feet again, quite literally speaking," Tony suggested with a shrug, "but you really have got to get your genocidal brother off this planet."

"I shall take Loki back to Asgard, then return for the human girl."

Tony rubbed his temples with his free hand as he took a sip of his drink, "just get him out of here," he pointed as Natasha walked in.

"Your brother is getting rather agitated tied up," she stated with crossed arms as she raised an eyebrow at Thor.

The God of Thunder looked at Nova with determination in his eyes. She was a beautiful creature after all.

"I shall return," Thor stated as he walked out of the room.

"Are all God's this dramatic?" Tony asked as Banner shook his head continuing to patch up the girl.

Thor grabbed his brother dragging him up from the ground, the chains on his wrists rattling in the process. "what is holding you up brother?" Loki asked with a slight smirk. "none of your concern." Thor responded roughly as he grabbed his hammer.

"Is it about the girl? Since when do you sympathize with human lives? Is my dear brother getting soft?"

"Quiet!" Thor demanded raising his hammer, "your destructive habits have cost people their lives. I will not allow this girl to die." Loki smirked at his words as they began to take off with the tesseract back to Asgard.

"You did not seem to catch the name of the human you decided to protect?"

Thor shook his head angrily, beginning to ignore his brother's taunts. To the God of Thunder, humans were simple creatures, almost mindless it seemed. But this human sparked his curiosity, and he was desperate to find out more.