Chapter 3: When The Night Falls.

There was only one word to describe the dinner,  the word being 'awkward'. Willow was dying to get off the table but that would seem rude of her. So she sat in her seat beside her mother, Rowan was seated in front of her, with Felix beside him.

Turned out that Felix was allergic to garlic, he couldn't eat the bread nor the white sauced pasta. He had plain penne on his plate mixed with some random sauces that they had found in their fridge, vegan should she mention. Willow couldn't believe that he was eating that, whatever it was. It had an odd black with red, grey and green mixed in it, she herself couldn't name what colour it was.

Natasha had left long back, saying that she had a date with her boyfriend. Willow could care less but she now wished that Natasha had not gone on that date, instead stayed here. She might have had started up conversations that weren't awkward since she knew both the parties.

"Why don't we introduce ourselves?" Started Venice, hoping to kill the silence. No! Introduction is one of the many things she can't do. She was nothing like her mother, Venice was a social bee, Willow wasn't, she had all of her father's traits and had gotten none of her mother's.

Rowan and Felix exchanged a look, before Rowan nodded.

"I'll start." Began Venice. "I'm Venice Greene. I work at the real estate, I look forward to you living in our house. Why don't you go next Willow?"

"I'm Willow Greene." She said, not knowing what else to say. Just because Rowan felt like home to her, that doesn't mean that she was going to tell him everything about her. He was a stranger afterall.

"I'm Felix James," Felix started. "I'll be starting at Onyxscar High soon and I look forward to our stay here." He was polite with his words, making Venice nod.

The last one left was Rowan. "I'm Pri-," paused Rowan. "Rowan. Rowan Kingson." He said smiling, his smile not letting her ponder on that pri-word he had said. No one else pried on it.

"If you don't mind me asking," started Venice. "Why did you come to Onyxscar?"

"Well," Said Rowan. "We wanted to travel."

"Our parents didn't allow us at first," Said Felix. "But they let us come here since aunt lives here."

Venice nodded. "Your parents must be very protective of you."

"They are." Said Rowan.

The silence had fallen once again. But they were all almost done, so it didn't take long before Willow was helping her mother clean the table.

By the time she headed back to her room it had already been late. The canvas of the painting she had begun sat proudly on the easel, she continued her way to it and started dabbing on the canvas with her paint brush. Dipping it in light beige, she painted in the light tracing that she had done on the canvas. Next came brown to contour the forehead, nose, cheekbones and jaw, not to forget his neck.

By the time she was done with the contouring it was late and she wanted to go to sleep very badly. Not wanting to ruin the painting, she went in the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Willow dressed up in her oversized tee with some cotton shorts and jumped on her bed.

But now that she was on her bed, she couldn't sleep. She felt wide awake but at the same time she felt lazy to go work on the painting. Rowan kept on popping in her head. She knew that they would never happen. Rowan was, well Rowan and she was just some insignificant person. But she still hoped, after all it was hope that this world is built on.

She couldn't stop thinking about him, he was just so not unthinkable. His smile and his voice, it was all so-

A short scream escaped her lips, this was not happening, not now. The pain started from her hips and slowly, painfully travelled to the rest of her body. She felt like dying, because the pain was unbearable.

It had been days since she had last felt the deadly pain, she thought that it had finally stopped. After countless visits to doctor, they still couldn't see what was wrong with her. Some diagnosed her with ovarian cyst or appendicitis, while others with gastritis. But her scanning reports showed nothing wrong. After a long time she had lied to her mother saying that she felt the pain no more.

But she felt it most of the nights. Sometimes she felt it during the days too. It's been a year since she's been getting these pains. She wanted them to stop. Stop so badly.

Tears streamed down her face to fall on her pillow, a whimper escaped her lips.

"No," she whispered. "Stop. Stop!"

"Willow?" She heard a familiar voice. "Willow, what's wrong?" He was shaking her now, but she was in so much pain to register it.

"Stop it." She cried out. "Stop the pain, it hurts so much."

"Can I do something?" Asked Rowan, panic lined his voice. "Should I get something for you? Your mother, I'll go get her." Will caught his wrist, stopping him from going any further.

"No," she said through her tears, her voice was hoarse. "Don't call her."

The pain was subsiding down, it went out slowly but it did, till it just left an ache in her body. That was quick. Even though minutes felt like hours whenever she felt the pain, but it hadn't lasted for long today. Normally it lasts for at least ten minutes. She doubted it was much today.

"Willow?" Rowan called her out.

"I'm fine." She said quietly, for once she wasn't lying. She was fine. She couldn't even feel the dull ache anymore. She didn't know what it was  but maybe it was going to stop, this whatever it is, cyst, gastritis or appendicitis.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "You are still pale. Do you want me to get you anything?"

"Water." She said. The jug sat beside her bed along with a glass. He poured it out for her, and handed the glass to her. "When did you come here?"

"I was in the kitchen," Said Rowan. "I heard your scream. Are you sure you're fine?"

"I am."

"What was it?" Asked Rowan. "If you don't mind me asking."

She didn't know what to tell him, seeing how she herself didn't know what it was.

"I don't know," she said.

"You don't know? What do you mean by that?"

"Rowan," she began. "Can we drop this, I don't want to talk about it."

He blinked, taken aback. "Okay," He said. "Sorry it was too forward of me to ask you. I'll be leaving then."

She didn't want him to leave. She wanted him to stay, to hold her. But she didn't, she didn't voice out her thoughts as she saw him shut the door behind him.

The pain resurfaced. Oh no.

*****
Helloooo Reader Darling!!! I hope you're enjoying my story so far, if you do then make sure to vote, comment and share.

Song: Rejects - 5 Seconds of Summer.

–Nawal.