Chapter 45

Beckett

I was both extremely annoyed and completely proud of Sidney's reactions towards alpha male Alvarado. I should have known how she would face him after everything she'd done when facing off with us but even Bowen had struggled under the larger and more mature male alphas power. I had never met them before but Bowen had spoken to this very alpha on the phone. When Bowen said he had refused to help until he broached the topic of our she wolf, only then did Alvarado make the exception to allow us on their land for training. 

We loaded back into the cars to follow him further into their territory, and after another hour of tense silence in our vehicle we had arrived. The pack house before us was a large two story cabin with a wrap around covered porch, and on that porch were the rest of the male pack members waiting on us. This time as we exited the cars I was keeping a closer eye on Sid, but instead of coming forward she seemed to be keeping back to observe all the new wolves in silence. There were four large mature wolves standing there staring us down with looks so deadly it could make your blood curdle.

 "Well Sidney Blake and Shaw pack I'd like to introduce you to my pack. This is my beta Denzel Huff, he will be the one in charge of most of the training exercises." Alvarado stood beside the largest and meanest looking warrior out of all of them. The guy looked like he'd chow down on us for breakfast, and the fact that Sid seemed to be eyeing him up appreciatively was very imasculating. The guy had to be in his 50's no way she would be interested in his scarred up old a**, maybe she was into him for the buzzed pattern of moon and stars in his short black hair. "My third in command Kairo Miller." Alvarado introduced the stoic blue eyed male on his left, those eyes could tear you to pieces.

 "My fourth in command and pack doctor Kasen Elliott." Again he nodded firmly to the only blond of their group. He seemed the most welcoming despite the fact he couldn't seem to take his eyes off OUR she wolf, and Sid stared right back at him unfazed at the attention. "Then we have my fifth in command Wesley Kent." Alvarado introduced the last male with shoulder length black hair, he looked to be the youngest of the group in his mid to late 40's. "I still say this is a bad idea Nate, you should just send these foolish pups home." The beta growled out as he scowled at all of us. "Denny you know they are here for our help, now play nice with them would you." A feminine voice broke the tension in the air as a brown haired blue eyed girl stepped forward, she was a lot younger than I'd thought, maybe 28 or 29 at the oldest.

 I could see Sidney had frozen in place at her arrival and both females had locked eyes on each other as silence hung heavily. "And last but certainly not least let me introduce our wife, Madison." Alvarado put a bit of emphasis on the 'our' part of his sentence, but other than a twitch of her finger Sid didn't even acknowledge him. That was when I realized the air between the two she wolves was starting to clash angrily together, neither one backing down from the stare down. "Oh, boy this is going to get interesting." I hissed out under my breath, if she survived this I needed to start calling her Sid the Psycho.

                                                 Sidney

The tense air around me from the boys worrying over the large posturing males was an annoyance as I inspected them all. On the ride the boys had informed me that despite this packs smaller size they were one of the most powerful packs around. I had to admit they were well built and easily outweighed most of the boys surrounding me. The beta was covered in old battle scars that I found fascinating, I also found the buzzed pattern in his hair stunning. Then there were the others that didn't seem thrilled we were here in the first place but weren't nearly as cold about it. I was about to tell the cranky beta to shove his suggest up where the sun don't shine but then another voice beat me to it.