Bill Williamson: Campfire Stories

Bill Williamson X Female Reader

Summary: Kieran asks about how you and Bill started dating, much to the dismay of the rest of the gang.

Word Count: 1400

It was a quiet evening in the camp, quiet music coming Dutch's gramophone. Most members of the gang were sitting around the campfire, including you and Bill, sharing friendly conversation. You were sitting beside Bill, which was pretty usual.

You went to take a sip of your drink, only to discover it was empty. You glanced over at Bill and saw that he had just emptied his bottle as well.

"I'll get us some fresh drinks" you told Bill with a smile as you stood up. You pressed a quick kiss to his temple before walking away to get some new drinks.

"So, uh, how did you two meet?" Kieran asked Bill, since there was a lull in conversation and Kieran didn't know how you met. He was sure that the other's knew, since they had been a part of the gang longer, but you were both already dating when Kieran joined the gang. However, his question received groans from the rest of the gang members that sat around the fire.

"Oh God, why did ya go and ask that?" Arthur groaned as he ran his hand over his face. Kieran just frowned, not knowing what he did wrong.

"Goddamn, O'Driscoll. Now he ain't ever gonna shut up" Sean sighed dramatically.

"I ain't an O'Driscoll" Kieran mumbled to himself, knowing that the nickname wasn't going away anytime soon.

"You want to know, I'll tell ya" Bill shrugged, he always enjoyed talking about you.

"We've heard this story so many times" Javier huffed, seemingly annoyed by it.

The gang had heard the story about how you and Bill met many times. Bill had a habit of telling the story whenever he had been drinking, usually with a giddy smile on his face. If he doesn't have any alcohol in him, he is much more private so he doesn't talk about it, which is probably why Kieran hadn't heard the story yet.

Despite all the complaints and protests, nobody moved from their seats. Clearly, it didn't bother them as much as they said it did.

"Y/n used to work in a saloon as a bartender. A while ago we set up camp outside of the town that she lived in. One night, I went into town for a drink and ended up in the saloon that she worked in" Bill told Kieran the shortest version of the story but there was now way that he was going to end there.

"Go on, tell us why you went back to the saloon the next night" Arthur encouraged with a smirk. He had heard Bill gush about you a million times and he was going to get him to do it again.

They had all already heard this story and they had heard every different detail, since the more drunk Bill was the more he would share information. Sometimes they got the simplest version of the story and sometimes they got the long version with more details.

"You know why" Bill rolled his eyes. It wasn't uncommon for the rest of the gang to give him a hard time, so he could sometimes be a little defensive.

"Kieran doesn't. Come on, we all had to hear it and that means that Kieran has to hear it as well" Sean reminded him, gesturing towards the newest gang member enthusiastically.

"Fine" Bill grumbled, giving in. "Y/n served me that night and I went back the next night because...I thought she was real pretty" he told them, begrudgingly.

"Yeah, a girl was nice to him so he had to go crawling back to stare at her" Javier teased, earning a sneer from Bill.

"Shut up, that's not what happened" Bill scoffed, even thought that was pretty much what happened.

"Alright then, how long did you wait to actually talk to her?" Arthur asked, chuckling to himself since he already knew the answer.

"I dunno...a few weeks" Bill shrugged.

"He works slow" Sean laughed, nudging Kieran's shoulder a little too roughly. Maybe Bill wasn't the only one who had drank a little too much.

"Like you're a hit with women" Javier scoffed, shaking his head at the over confident Irishman.

"More so than Bill!" Sean defended himself, offended by Javier's accusation.

"Then why does he have a girlfriend and you don't?" Arthur asked, a question to which Sean didn't have an answer too.

"Shut up" Sean huffed before pouting to himself.

"Anyway, Bill, continue" Arthur encourage, the men turning their attention back to Bill.

"Well...whenever I would go to the saloon, Y/n would serve me-" Bill started to continue his story but was interrupted by you walking back over to the campfire.

"Are you talking about me?" you asked as you sat down beside Bill again, handing him a bottle of beer and keeping one for yourself.

"He's telling us how you both met" Kieran explained.

"Oh, has he told you that he practically ignored me for the first two weeks since he started visiting the saloon?" you asked sarcastically.

"I wasn't ignoring you" Bill muttered, mostly to himself, as a very slight pick tinge appeared on his face.

"I would try to talk to him but he just hummed and drank his drink. That is, until he came in one night with a sour look on his face" you told them.

"We had just had a job go south, real bad. I went to the saloon to get away from all the arguing. Y/n said that she would give me a free drink if I told her what was wrong" Bill explained what had happened, why he had finally spoken to her. Bill remembers the first two weeks of your meeting very well, he had wanted to talk to you but something always held him back.

"After that, Bill started talking more when he came around. He would stay until the end of my shift and then walk me home, like a real gentleman" you smiled, nudging Bill's arm affectionately with your own.

"So, uh, why did you join the gang?" Kieran asked, focusing his attention on you now. If you were a bartender, probably an innocent member of society, why did you join a gang of outlaws.

"We had gotten into some trouble and we had to move the camp somewhere new. The night before we were suppose to leave, I went to the saloon" Bill hummed before taking a sip of his drink.

"I knew that something was wrong and he told me about everything. I already knew that he ran with a gang of outlaws but he told me about the job going wrong and how they had to leave as soon as possible" you explained. You remember the moment you first saw Bill, you instantly knew that he wasn't an upstanding citizen and you soon learnt about what he did for a living.

"And I asked her to come with us" Bill shrugged.

"It was that easy? She just packed up everything to go on the run with you?" Kieran asked, definitely surprised that you had given up your life like that.

"Don't sound so surprised" Bill huffed, shooting the smaller man a glare.

"Sorry..." Kieran mumbled to himself, he didn't mean to offend anyone.

"It wasn't like I was giving up much, a poor paying job at a saloon and a crappy little apartment, I was happy to leave. And, well, I didn't want that to be the last time I saw Bill" you admitted as you took Bill's hand into yours, lacing your fingers through his and leaning against his shoulder.

"It was a shock to us all when Bill brought a woman back to camp, saying that she was coming with us" Arthur chuckled, assuring Kieran that he wasn't the only one surprised by the whole story.

Once your story was over, the gang members around the campfire slowly started to spilt off into other conversations, sharing stories and laughter as they were doing earlier.

Everyone would give Bill a hard time whenever he starting tell that story but the truth was that they kinda liked it. They thought it was sweet and it was nice to actually see Bill happy, even if they did know every detail of that story by now.

Requests?