030

"Where are you rushing to?!" Brianna asks as I hear her quick feet behind me trying to keep up.

The hallway was empty and all that could be heard was our footsteps. My eyes narrowed down as I noticed that the room number I've been searching for was getting closer.

"Kimani!"

I didn't say anything to answer her as I entered the room, the bright light coming from the open blinds blinded me a bit but as I stepped in closer I was able to make out that I was in the right room.

"I'm so glad you made it..."

My eyes dropped as I looked at the beat up Sean. He still had a smile on his face despite the fact that it looks like he got in to a fight with Mike Tyson, his eyes were almost swollen completely shut, his lip busted and his head was wrapped up.

"You look like you got ran over by a busy..." Brianna spoke as she entered the room. "And look Kimani I get fucking a nigga up for almost shooting you but getting him while he's already down seems low."

I rolled my eyes, I wasn't looking at Brianna but I could hear the smile on her lips.

"Actually... come to think of it, we could put gloves on smother him with a pillow and dip."

Sean's eyes widened in panic and he scanned my face almost searching to see if I was considering it.

"Or... let me sit on his face until he suffocates I've always wanted to say this pussy has drowned a nigga."

"Bro... really ? Shut the fuck up and sit your stupid ass down."

She groaned but complied with my instructions. "Y'all gunna stop being so damn rude to me!"

I didn't respond to Brianna as I turned my attention back to Sean. "Why did you text me? And how.. what's the emergency?"

Sean lifted his broken phone up shaking it in the air, "it took me forever to convince my aunt to give me my phone.... I need help."

Brianna scoffed from the area she was sitting at in the corner, "Help? You could be dead.... that's enough help."

"No... I took the fucking blame for Carmelo.. His father is going to be gunning for me or my family."

I bit at my bottom lip, this was something that has been rattling around in my head since I watched the news with KJ and Dash this morning. I knew Carmelo's father wouldn't take the death of his son lying down, like I said he was almost s carbon copy of my father.

I wouldn't of been surprised if people were already staking out the hospital waiting for Sean to be released to put him right back in.

"I know this is a lot to ask... I need your help.. you had the chance to kill me and you didn't take it..." Sean let out a breath before continuing. "I know you're probably still pissed at me... and I understand it.. but you gotta get me out of town."

"I think you're being a bit parano-"

"Paranoid ?" Sean laughs. "My aunts apsrtment was broken in to this morning... nobody took a damn thing they were looking for her."

"Wait you had a chance to kill him and didn't take it?" Brianna questions to herself. "It would of been guns blazing... pew pew everybody going down."

"The same nurse keeps walking past my room... he's just staring at me like he's checking if I'm still here like checking if I'm alive."

"Sweetheart....that's their job." Brianna shakes her head at him.

""Apartments get broken into all the time on your block Sean..." I tried to reason with him and call his mind that was obviously going a mile a minute even his heart monitor began to beep faster indicating his heart was racing.