Chapter 19 - Stone Warrior

"Misako," Sensei mummers, noticing his old *cough cough* friend.

"Wu," she replies with a smile.

"Mind introducing us?" Jay asks, as we all come closer.

"Everyone, this is Misako." He rubs his hands together nervously, then turns to Lloyd. "Your mother. 

Gasps were heard all around, excluding me. I already knew this piece of information, obviously.

"My... my mother?" Lloyd asks, confused.

"Lynn! You're so much... bigger than I remember!"

I bite my lip as Misako tries to make sense of her son's appearance. She reaches for his hair, but before she can comment on how short it was since the last time she saw him, Lloyd swats her hand away.

"Yeah, well, it's been a long time," he snaps. 

"Lynn, there's a reason why I've been gone for so long—"

"I don't wanna hear it," Lloyd interrupts, and pushes past her. He breaks into a run. 

Everyone turns towards me, expecting me to go after him.

"What're you all looking at me for?"

Sensei gives me a you know why, glance, so, with a sigh, I chase after Lloyd.

I find him sitting on the edge of a hole, looking pained.

"Lloyd?"

He doesn't turn to face me, but his reaction implies that he was surprised by my entrance. He wipes his eyes, turning his head away from me as I sit down beside him.

I don't say anything, I just gently hug my hands around his arm, pulling us closer as our feet dangle over the pit. He rests his head on mine, and sighs.

"Why does it have to be now?" he asks. "I'm not even out to her."

"Everything happens for a reason," I reply. "I know it's hard, to see your mother after all these years, but maybe you should listen to what she has to say."

"Okay, fine," he decides after a moment. "I'll give her a chance."

"Be careful, you two," Misako calls, walking into the room. "That tunnel doesn't have a bottom."

I resist the urge to roll my eyes. It isn't possible for a hole not to have a bottom. But then again, Ninjago has a lot of things that just aren't physically possible.

Misako then goes into a long description of the research she did after Lloyd was born about the prophecy of the green ninja. We all listen intently, and surprisingly, nobody (I'm looking at you, Jay) interrupted.

"Leaving you was the hardest thing I had to do, but I had no choice," Misako says, finishing her story. "And I'm sorry I dropped you off at Darkleys, of all places--but it was the one place your father wouldn't look for you. It's a school for bad boys, after all."

Lloyd inhales sharply, but has a hard time releasing his breath. He glances worriedly at me, and I give him an encouraging nod. 

"Uh, actually, mom, I'm... I'm Lloyd now."

Misako blinks, then turns around to give Sensei a did you know about this? look. Sensei just grins awkwardly. 

Suddenly, the stone samurai warrior from the new exhibit erupted from the doors.

"Heh, heh, excuse me, but could somebody please tell me WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!?" Jay screamed.

"It's a stone samurai warrior made from an indestructible material only found on the dark island!" Misako informed us.