Chapter 16

I almost push Aidan out of the way to get to the microphone. "Hello, my name Della King." I just want to get my Father to stop whatever he is telling Fletcher "I want to get this part out of the way and just come out and say it. I was a rogue before I met Aidan." I would say half of the crowd suddenly gets uncomfortable with this new information.

"I would like to tell everyone here why I was a rogue, so you all understand. When I was fifteen my parents told me my mate had died. I know what you are thinking, that's impossible. The sad truth is that where I grew up they teach that kind of false bullshit." The atmosphere of the room is bouncing between so many different emotions it's making me dizzy.

"When they told me I believed them because I felt it I felt the pain. The burning suffocating pain spreading through my body. It was so bad I stopped breathing and passed out." I'm cut off by a deep angry growl. I reach over and grab Aidan's hand to sooth his fury. I realize now that I have never told Aidan the full story about that night. I'll apologize later, but right now I need to finish.

"My parents for once called the doctor to come and check on me. He just confirmed their story that yes I was experiencing the pains of a mates death. I felt so alone in that moment, and decided the only option was to leave. I waited until the middle of the night when I knew the border patrols would be switching to sneak out. The only person I told was my brother, and I promised I would come back for him. I'm sad to report to you I didn't exactly keep that promise as well as I intended." I look over to Fletcher to see how he's doing. My father has let go of him but is still standing directly behind him. Fletcher is pleading me with his eyes. I know he doesn't want me to provoke our parents, but that's not what I'm doing. I'm simply telling my backstory to my fellow Alphas and Lunas.

"I spent the next eight years just living day to day as a rogue. On one particularly bad day I ran into another rogue that I didn't know. Turns out he wasn't that friendly and attacked me. I fought back but he got a few good hits in. It wasn't until he sliced open my leg did I realize that I was going to need help if I wanted to survive."

"I ran to the nearest pack and it turned out to be Black Moon. Alex and Emeric were the first to reach me. They were kind enough to help me, and bring me to the hospital. They saved my life that day, and I will be forever in their debt. After waking up I met Aidan, and as you can guess it didn't go as well since I thought my mate had died. Violet sat me down and figured out that it wasn't the pain of a mates death I was feeling that night eight years ago, it was forced pack abandonment." Like a light switch the atmosphere in the room tenses. I see everyone shift uncomfortably knowing that only and Alpha and Luna can initiate forced pack abandonment.

"I wanted to tell you my story so there isn't any animosity working together in the future. I also wanted to tell you to show you that not everyone out there chooses to be a rogue, and I hope in the future you take that into consideration when dealing with rogues." As much as I try to leave my little speech on a lighter note, it doesn't help with the fact that all the Alphas are eyeing each other. They want to know who's child I am and it won't take long before they do.

"I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you, all of you for coming today. Please enjoy the rest of the evening, and I look forward to working together in the future." Aidan says before helping me down the stairs. We step off the stage and Violet pulls me into a tight hug.

"You did so good, I'm so proud." She steps back next to Alex. Emeric walks over to where we are all standing making eye contact with me.

"Your father told Fletcher something that spiked fear in him." We walk to our table to eat dinner that is being served to everyone.

"I saw. At least he let go of him and is sitting in his own seat again." Just like every other meal Aidan pulls my chair closer to his. We all eat our meal in peace knowing once it's over there's going to be a lot of hand shaking and introductions with everyone else.