Forty Seven

tw: slight homophobia

Elly nods and rolls her eyes. "Okay. Mom...Okay, fuck I get it".

She looks over, seeing Benjamin walking over. Benny smiles and waves, sitting down next to her.

"podemos hablar más tarde esta noche...". Elly hangs up the phone and sighs.

Benny frowns, "Wassup?"

"My mom.. She's so mean to me, it's insane..H-How did you deal with it? The constant degrading and name calling?"

Benjamin shrugs, "Well..When it first started with my dad, I cried a lot..Then I started music to take my mind off it..What about you?"

Elly shakes her head, "It started in New York..I came out when I was fifteen..I had some bros who would hustle and shit..I started running the streets. I was never home.. Always slept at my bros house".

"But it changed when you got here?"

"She became meaner. Stricter rules.. That's the main reason we left New York..To get me off the streets. I just never was home cause when I was she was talking shit..".

Benjamin nods, "Did you always dress boyish?"

Elly nods, "Once my mom stopped dressing me and I bought my own clothes..Yeah. She noticed the change. Started yelling at me and shit. Then I started running the streets".

Benjamin nods, "I get that. I used to stay at Kiara's house for weeks at a time. They even gave me a bedroom..My dad wasn't just verbal..it was physical at one point".

"Really? Sorry to hear that".

Benjamin shrugs, ".. It's okay..I'm over it now..Just..I know this sounds cliche or whatever but..Just give it time..".

Elly nods and then smiles, "Isn't weird how we polar opposites. Everyone wants you to dress boyish and me to dress girly".

Benjamin giggles and nods. "That's funny".

Noah and Lucas walk over. "Hey guys. Gabi's in the car..Y'alll ready?"

"Mhm".

**
Benjamin grabs the milkshake and smiles. "Thank you. Have a great day".

The lady smiles, "You too".

Benjamin walks back over to the group, sitting down next to Noah. He takes a sip of his milkshake, smiling at the taste.

Elly sits back, taking a sip from her drink. "Oo. Maybe I'll get laid".

Lucas chuckles, "Of course this is your concern".

"I haven't had sex since I was in New York. The least I could do is touch a girl".

Noah shakes his head, "We are in public..Did you forget".

Elly shrugs, "My bad".

Lucas chuckles and shakes his head. "We should get going. Class starts in ten minutes".

*
Katen watches as Elly walks into the girls bathroom. He nods at Zoē and she walks into the bathroom with her.

Zoē stands in front of the mirror, waiting for Elly. She fixes her makeup and sees Elly open the stall back up.

"Hi, Elenor".

Elly looks at her, putting her hand under the automatic soap dispenser. "Elly. My name is Elly".

Zoē shrugs, "So...Kiara and I are having a party on Friday. Was wondering if your interested?"

Elly drys her hands. "You know who I'd bring with me, right?"

"Well here's my next question...Kiara is being all sad or whatever cause she misses Benjamin or some shit and she's kinda hoping you'll bring him".

Elly nods, "Whatever. Just keep your fuckface boyfriend away from me. Cause I will spaz on that nigga".

Zoē looks up at her nods. "Okay...See you there".

Elly nods and swings her bag over her shoulders. She grabs her phone from her front pocket, seeing Katen walking away.

*
Katen walks in, grabbing a cigarette, placing it in between his lips and smiling. "Yo! Anyone home?"

Jeremy and Johnathan shout back at him. Katen walks over and grabs the lighter off the kitchen table. He sits down, smiling. "Guess what?"

"Wassup bro?"

"Elly's coming to the party Friday".

"Oo. How you get that to happen?"

Katen shrugs and takes a drag from the cigarette. Jeremy smiles, "Damn..Pullin' two girls...and ones a dyke..".

Katen chuckles and shakes his head. "I know right..Just gotta figure out how to get her attention..".

Johnathan shrugs, "I don't know man, she's likes, one hundred percent gay".

Katen rolls his eyes, "You can't be one hundred percent gay...That doesn't make sense..You mean to tell me gay girls ain't never thought about dick?"

"I mean...If they like what they like..?"

"No..It's called being brainwashed. No way a female is born is like 'oh yeah I'm only attracted to pussy' that's just stupid..and gross".

Jeremy nods and chuckles, "I've never once thought about dick. That's nasty as fuck. There has never been a time I was horny for another dude".

Johnathan shrugs, "Aight damn. I was just saying".

*
"It's a study group. Friday. Then I would go to Noah's house and stay the night. He can pick me up and drop me off".

"And you're sure this is Noah? Not some female?"

"Yes it's Noah. You can even text his mom about it. Im not lyin'..".

"Okay. Let me think about it".

Elly nods and stands up from the table. Jason walks over, "Hey, Elly. Come here".

Elly walks over to the guest bedroom, "Wassup?"

"Papá wanted me to give this to you. Here".

Elly grabs the bag, seeing a bunch of basketball shorts, shirts, and a new pair of shoes. There were also some Nike socks and headbands.

Elly smiles and grabs the note.

hola, niña. i bought you some stuff. you said practice starts soon. you're gonna make the team, don't worry. im gonna be there for your first game too! tell me when tryouts are. i know you said in a few months so keep me updated..oh and check inside the shoe...gave you a little something. te amo.

Elly folds the paper back up, looking inside the new shoes. She sees a couple of bills, widening her eyes. She finds another note. treat urself to another pair of shoes.

Elly smiles and shakes her head. Jeremy smiles and looks at Elly. "He misses you. Also, your bros, AJ and Jay said they missed you".

Elly nods and looks back down to the stuff her dad got her. "Fuck. I did not wanna cry".

**