59

♠️
Aiden.

I blow open the door to the kitchen and see who I presume is Avery standing over a counter, he doesn't turn when I enter. Over the noise of the mixer he must have not heard us outside.

"Emma, darling you came to your senses." He says as he turns around slightly, confusion settles over his face as he sees me.

I study him for a minute. The audacity, no the balls this man has to hire a young girl and then hit on her thinking she would never tell is fucking sickening. I own my own business and I would never use my position of power to get in a girl's pants. That was something that always came naturally to me, which tells me this guy is just a sick fuck.

I notice that he's holding an ice pack between his crotch, what's that about? My Emilia must have kicked him in his balls. I would laugh if I wasn't seething with rage.

I put my hand on my chin in thought, "You know what I love." I say as I run my hands along the shelving beside me, knocking the glass containers to the hard flooring at my feet. The shattering of glass makes my pulse quicken.

"When a grown man hires a young lady, thinking he can have his way with her just because she works for him." I see his body go stiff as my legs glide in front of him.

"But where you fucked up." I growl as I grab his throat in my hands. "Was that you tried to take advantage of someone very important to me." I can feel his pulse on my palm, unsteady and quick.

"I didn't-" I cut him off before he can finish.

"No, no. You're not about to tell me my Emilia lies to me. Are you?" He shakes his head and I get in his face. "You have the fucking balls to lie to me? To my face?" My skin is red hot as I scream at him.

With one quick movement I use all my power to connect my knuckles to his jaw. He falls on the hard flooring and I get on top of him and begin pummeling him with both of my fist.

I sit above him breathing heavily, waiting for him to fight back but he just lays there like a bitch. "You want to try to fuck with MY girl and when you face the consequences you cower under me?" a deep laugh escapes me as he shakes his head.

"You hit on my fucking girl. You're her boss! You sick fuck, couldn't you tell she didn't want you?" I spit and he shakes his head again. In a weak voice he says, "She's lying."

I laugh at the audacity he has to tell me my girl is lying to me, again; I think he wants to die. She may have not told me he was a man but that's only because she thought this would never happen. It should have never happened. I only control certain situations with her for her own protection. The thought brings fury throughout my core as I pummel my fist to his face until he's unconscious.

The blood oozes onto the white flooring and this is exactly why I didn't want Em to follow me, she doesn't need to see this. She already has nightmares from what happened before. Why do these things happen to her? Why can't I protect her from everything? If only I could place her in a bubble and away from anything harmful, she would be safe.

I should fucking kill him, put a bullet between his eyes. Better yet the snapping of his neck between my hands would be a satisfying sound but Emilia asked me not to kill him. Fuck. I'll get Howard to do it.

I walk back into the main room and stare at my girl. Her eyes widen at the site of my bloody knuckles, but I rush to her and scoop her in my arms. I was so enraged I didn't think clearly but now that the problem is half solved I can breathe.

How scary that must have been for her.

"Baby, I'm so sorry that happened to you." I say as I begin to carry her outside, Howard is standing in the corner of the bakery and I walk over to him.

"Do I need to get the body?" he asks me and I shake my head. "He's alive right now, you know what to do."

Em whimpers in my arms. "Don't kill him." She says and I begin to shake, why is she protecting him?

"Why the fuck not?" I ask her while I put her down, she wipes her shaking fingers under her eyes.

"No more bodies." She says in a defeated tone and I sigh before looking back at Howard. "Call Detective Stark and tell him what happened. Maybe Emilia's not the only girl who's been harassed by this creep." I look over at Em and she nods her head in agreement.

We walk to my car and I help her in, making sure to tighten her seatbelt strap. I admire the way the fabric looks against her skin; I like her being tied down. Chill, Aiden. She's upset.

As we head down the busy streets I place a hand on her knee, "Are you okay?" I ask her and she looks over at me with a small smile. I'm trying to keep calm, there's a thin thread holding me back from turning this car around and fucking ending that scumbag.

That thin thread is Emilia's sad face.

"Yeah, Yeah I am. Thank you Aiden." She says.

"You hit him in the balls, yeah?" I ask her, and watch her smile grow wide. "I did." She responds, her laughter filles the car.

"Good girl. One of these days I'll teach you to fight." I clutch her hand, she looks up at me. "For now we're going home."

She smiles, but it doesn't reach her eyes. "I'm sorry." She tells me, her eyes glistening. I pull into the parking garage and slam on the brakes.

Grabbing her face in my hands, I look into her sad eyes. "Don't you dare apologize to me. I'm so sorry that happened to you Emillia. It is NOT your fault."

I help her inside and send her to bed, she needs rest. I need to distract myself so I don't kill her ex-boss.

♠️