Chapter 5

Full recovery!! That was a good sleep I have had in a long time. Hmm? I'm smelling something strange. I looked around me and I saw a wisteria tree near me. So they decided to take cover here. Good plan.

I stood up and stretched. All the numbness from my body has left. Excellent. Now I just need to get my katana back from Sabito and I can join the fight. But still... Isn't it too quiet here?

I looked around me again and I saw no one except injured Giyu. Giyu? I double-checked again. That mask and black hair. It is Giyu. So he was injured and couldn't move during Sabito's death.

I walked next to Giyu and took his katana. Sorry but I think I need this more than you do at the moment. I won't at least leave this place and leave you be alone. That would be too mean...

...

Kukuku... Should I do it?

While thinking with a mischevious grin, I heard footsteps coming to our way. I grabbed the hilt of Giyu's katana and kept my guard up. You don't know if the demons can come here by accident and kill us. Fortunately, it was Kanae, Mitsuri, and Sabito.

"Shin-chan! You are awake!" Kanae said happily as she ran towards me.

"Good morning." I said with a smile.

"It's night at the moment though?" Sabito asked with a confused look. So Sabito was a serious person. I kind of knew it when he bowed down in front of me.

Mitsuri seemed to be staring at Sabito and me with a blush. She is doing it again... I hope she doesn't go beyond it and think about BL. Not that I mind it though.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked and ignored Sabito's question. He seemed to be sad about it but still answered my question.

"One day. We have at least three days left until the exam is done."

Three days... I wonder what should we do now... My plan was to only save Sabito. Didn't think what to do after I had saved him.

"What should we do..." I muttered out loud.

"Do you have a plan?" Sabito asked me.

Hmm...

...

...

...

You know what! Screw it! This whole thinking is making my head hurt!

"Let's just stay here and wait until the exam is done. The wisteria tree might disappear at some point so we need to get to the place where sun rises first." I told them all my plan and went to sit near the tree and lean against it.

Sabito seemed to disapprove my plan with a frown. Well sorry! I'm not the type of person to think about plans... or... maybe a little.

"Kochou, I-" "Just call me Shin. My Nee-chan is also called Kochou." I corrected Sabito. Did he ask my name from Kanae? Oh yeah. I still haven't 'asked' their names.

"We still haven't introduced properly, have we?" I stood up again. Don't want to be rude after all.

"Kochou Shin. Nice to meet you." I held out my hand.

"Sabito. Same to you. My friend over there is Tomioka Giyu." Sabito told me as we shook our hands.

"No last name?" I asked confusedly.

"Stuff happened in the past and I forgot..." he said sadly but still smiled. Ahh... I screwed it up...

We took our hands back and I got slapped to the head by Kanae. I apologized to Sabito but he didn't really mind. He knew everyone who wanted to be a Demon Slayer must have had a bad past with demons. What a nice guy...