X | Lucid Star

X

L u c i d S t a r

_\\\\_

Matsuyuki /Ametsuchi Mashiro's p. o. v

The Hashira meeting continued without me. I knew Kagaya would let me leave at an appropriate time for my wounds Sanemi caused and the ones that stuck with me for a while.

I was at my guest room that I always used. Kagaya told me that I could keep this room and was always welcome into his home. You could say that this was a room I can leave my past things behind.

I played with my broken mask after I had finished treating my injuries. This mask was one I had made during my solo mission. I wanted it to look similar to Urokodaki's warding masks. To tell people that I was once a proud student of his.

I walked over to a cupboard and brought out a box of my old possessions. Inside, two masks were buried- one broken, and one still intact but was a piece of cloth that seemed like a mask. The cloth was the first one I used, but switched over to the broken one when my bonds with Urokodaki became stronger and more precious. I settled my current mask inside and turned over to the cloth mask.

 I settled my current mask inside and turned over to the cloth mask

"I'll be using this again, Sabito, Makomo."

I kept it safe in my pockets as I walked back to the meeting. On the way, I met up with all the other Hashiras as they were making their way inside a room as night was approaching.

~ • ~

"Just like you all reported, the demons' carnage has increased so much." He began as he turned to all of us, "This means that threats to human lives are becoming greater than ever. We'll have to bolster the ranks of the Demon Slaying Corps. What do you all think?"