~29~ Hurricanes and Questions

Shawn was in town, and so we had a father daughter date with Maya and the Matthews family. Currently we were all eating cake, when Maya made a certain comment...

"So Kenz, how was your date with Zay?" She asked, smirking.

"Date?!" Cory and Shawn chorused, and I blushed, shaking my head.

"It wasn't a date. It was two friends going get snowballs, because everyone else bailed."

"Why has no one informed me of this?" Shawn said, staring at me.

Maya smirked. "Kenz, why don't you tell Shawn about what happened during detention?"

"Wait what happened during detention?" Shawn asked.

"Kenz and Zay —" I cut her off by shoving some cake in her mouth.

She smirked at me, took some cake and shoved it in my mouth. And from then there was a full on war between Shawn, Maya, and I.

"They're so cute together!" Riley sighed.

Cory turned to her, taken aback. "We're cute together, Riley." He picked up a piece of cake with a fork and 'flew' it to Riley. "Whoa-ho-ho... Oh!"

Riley looked at him straight-faced. "What are you doing?"

"Why do they shove cake and we don't shove cake? Riley? Is it over between us?"

"It's not me, Dad. It's you."

"Okay! Evening over!" He yelled, causing our cake shoving to stop.

"Hey!" The three of us exclaimed.

"Did you girls do your homework?"

"I did excellent work."

"Maya and I also did excellent work." I said smiling as Maya nodded.

"Two of us are completely lying." Riley said, smiling.

"Can you guess who?" Maya asked.

Riley frowned. "Give them a hint."

"You guys need a hint?" I asked them.

"No." They chorused, before Cory turned to Maya and I.

"You know, a little discipline isn't a bad thing, girls."

"Oh, thanks, Mr. Matthews. we'll ponder on that." Maya said, and I put my hands up defensively.

"In my defense I have the genes of Gia Watts and this guy," I said, pointing to Shawn, "I was doomed from the start."

Riley moved her head towards Shawn in a strange gesture, causing him to look at he run confusion. "I'm sorry, what?" Riley moved her head again. "Yeah. Just because you do the same weird gesture twice doesn't mean I get it."

"You know, this is usually the part of the evening when people give out fatherly advice..." Riley said, trailing off.

"Oh! Shawn exclaimed, laughing awkwardly. "No! No, it's not my place."

"What do you mean it's not your place, dummy. You're literally my father." I said, rolling my eyes and smirking.

Maya nodded. "Go ahead. What advice you got for us? We can take it."

Shawn groaned, standing up. "Oh, come on! We were having such a good evening. Can't we just leave it at that?" Maya and I stood up.

"What's the matter?" I asked. "Boom!" I teased, fake punching him.

"You don't think we can take it?" Maya asked. "Go ahead." She fake punched him. "Ping!"

"Go ahead. "Pong!"