Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter song: Loner by YUNGBLUD

Y/N's p.o.v.

I got changed into the big shirt, but I didn't put on the sweatpants. The air in their house had been broken, and it's way too hot. I was just wearing the shirt as a dress, with no pants underneath. Colby hadn't knocked on the door, or came back in yet, so I just grabbed my phone off the coffee table and went on Instagram.

After about ten minutes of me scrolling through the explore page, Colby came back into his room

After about ten minutes of me scrolling through the explore page, Colby came back into his room. I was sitting on his bed, my back up against his pillows. "Hey, sorry I was talking to Sam," he said, coming to sit down on the edge of the bed. I had heard the music turn off downstairs and it seemed quieter. "Everyone left, so if you want to get some sleep now." He said.

"Oh, yea I'm tired." I said, standing up to go to the couch in the living room.

Colby stood up beside me, "no, you sleep in here, I'll sleep on the couch." He said going towards the door.

"Are you sure?" You asked him. I mean it was his room, I felt kinda bad.

"Yes, you need a bed tonight. I'll be downstairs if you need me, and Sam's right across the hall." He said. I nodded, "okay goodnight," he said. I replied with a low, 'goodnight' and he left, shutting the door behind him. It felt weird to have him room to myself, honestly, but I was really tired so I didnt care as much. I grabbed the water off the table, gulping down the rest. I turned off the light, sat on his bed, and got under the covers.

*a half an hour later*

I opened my eyes to darkness. I was confused on what woke me up and what time it was. I checked my phone and it was about one in the morning. I didn't sleep very long. I closed my eyes, tiredly, and tried to go back to sleep. A few minutes later, I still couldn't fall back asleep. My throat felt dry and I went to take a sip of the water I had, until I realized that I finished it. Great. I grabbed the cup, stood up, and blindly made my way for the door in the darkness.

I made my way downstairs. It seemed like everyone was asleep, so I made sure to be as quiet as I could. I walked over to the fridge, getting water from the purifier. The cup filled all the way up and I took a sip of water. Pulling the glass away from my lips, I heard footsteps behind me. "Hey," a sleepy Colby voice called out.

"Hey," I said turning to face him. He was wearing shorts with no shirt. My eyes traveled up his toned stomach, to his eyes.

He met my gaze, "cant sleep?" He asked

"No not really."

"Me either." He replied walking over towards me. He put his hand on the back of his neck, stretching out. I took another sip of my water. He grabbed out a cup, also getting some water. He leaned up against the counter, and took a sip. "Well goodnight, again," he said walking back towards the living room.

I started making my way to the stairs, stopping before I went up. "Uh, Colby?" I asked looking at him.

"Yea?" He turned around to face me.

"Can you sleep upstairs with me? I don't want to be alone..."

"Yea." He replied walking back over to me. I started up the stairs in front of him, and his hand rested on my back. His touch always felt so comforting.

We got back into his room and we placed our glasses on the coffee table. He got on his bed, scooting closer to the wall. He patted the empty spot on the front of the bed for me. I smiled, laying down next to him. Our bodies were apart, but close enough to feel his warmth. I pulled the blanket over me, being colder now, since I still wasn't wearing pants. The shirt rode up my legs a bit, but the blanket was covering me still. I face the other side of his room away from Colby's body. I close my eyes getting comfortable, when I feel an arm wrap around my waist. Colby pulled me in up against him, our bodies melting together. I took a deep breath and felt my lids getting heavy.

A/N: oOhHh... how cute. ;)
-Sam