Field Trip! (AmyR)

Word Count- 9,402

Chapter One

"Okay everyone. Quiet down. Before you leave, I have an announcement to make," Peter's teacher, Mr. Davis shouted over the sound of 30 teenagers preparing to leave.

The noise died down fairly quickly and the entire class settled down. As unusual as this was, it had only happened because Mr. Davis was known to take his engineering class to some of the most epic field trips. Now, Peter and his classmates were all awaiting for the announcement that would tell them where they would get to go.

Peter and his best friend, Ned, exchanged an excited glance, with Peter just managing to not bounce in the seat.

Peter's knowledge of engineering was better than every other student in the class, and maybe even the teacher. He simply attended the class to satisfy Pepper and Steve, who had firm beliefs that attending school was good for his growth. If it was up to Tony and Bruce, he would be at Stark Towers right now, actually doing something productive with his time, and learning from the two geniuses.

In spite of all of this, he still got excited. I mean, who doesn't want to skip a day of school? And, since he probably knew everything that they would be shown on the trip, he could actually enjoy it, instead of having to pay attention and learn something.

"Okay. Now that I have your attention, you may or may not know that every year, I take my engineering students on a field trip to facilitate your further understanding of the subject, as I believe that practical knowledge is better than the theoretical," Mr. Davis said, his words further exciting his impatient students.

Peter should help but nod in agreement to what his teacher had said. He had learnt so much more working in SI than he ever could in the classroom.

"What you nodding for Parker? Does this have something to do with your fake internship with Tony Stark?" A gruff voice asked from behind him, accompanied with a not so gentle jab in the ribs.

Peter forced a wince, knowing that he had to play the part of weak, nerdy Peter Parker lest someone restarted the rumors that Spiderman attended Midtown High.
But he knew, since he had started training with the likes of Steve, Nat, Bucky and even Thor when he visited, he could take more than Flash could ever give.

He hid a smirk at the slight grimace on Flash's face as he had obviously not expected nerdy Parker to be that solid.

Mr. Davis' voice brought him back to the classroom, interrupting any sort of response Peter could give to Flash.

"This year, I believe I've planned the best trip yet. We're going to be visiting Stark Industries, and seeing the top engineers and scientists in the country at work." He finished.

Peter felt his blood run cold.
Stark Tower? Why, out of everywhere in the world, did he have to choose there?

The class erupted into excited talking, the noise steadily building once again.

He sensed more than felt another jab in the ribs.

"Huh Parker. What do you know? Guess we'll all get to go see that you were lying," Flash said, a smirk evident in his voice.

Peter rolled his eyes discreetly, and said nothing.

"This is a mandatory event, and the things covered will come in an exam worth 30% of your grade. If you skip out on the field trip, then you've automatically failed. Collect a permission slip on your way out. They're due by Thursday, and we'll be going on Friday," the smiling teacher said.

Peter slumped into his seat as everyone filed out, chattering excitedly about Friday. Thursday was the day after tomorrow. Could he hide a permission slip from two master assassins, two super soldiers, two geniuses, and a Norse God?