6

Nicolette's POV
I let out a groan as I sit up. The pain in my stomach had gone down and I felt more relaxed. I looked around my room and saw that the glass from my episode had been cleaned up. I let out a groan and laid back down. I turned to see what time it was and I saw Malcom sleeping on the arm rest chair. I let out a scream and fell off the side of the bed.

"Beck," I tell for him but there was no answer. I look at the door expecting it to swing open but it never did.

"I wouldn't bother waiting for him. He cleaned up and left to see his mate," Malcom said. I roll my eyes and get my blanket back up on the bed.

"What are y'all know, besties?" I scoff. I start to open the door to the hallway but Malcom stopped me.

"What are you doing?" He asks me.

"I'm opening the door for you so you can leave," I said letting out a growl. I didn't have enough energy to fight with him and I definitely didn't want to be in the same room with a mate that didn't want me.

"I wouldn't tell me to leave if I were you sweetheart. My presence is the only thing keeping your body and wolf relaxed," he said. I let out a growl as he called me sweetheart.

"Do not call me sweetheart. My name is—," I said with a growl.

"I know what you name is Nicolette," he cut me off. I let out a growl as he spoke my full name.

"Only people I care about call me Nicolette and you are not one of those people. So you, can get out of my house," I said. I didn't care if he was the only the only thing keeping my body from excruciating pain he's already seen to much.

"Give me a reason I should leave," he said sitting back down on the armchair. I lift my hand in the air and knifes shoot into the room. I swing the knifes towards his neck and they circle around him and slowly move towards his neck.

"I owe you no explanation. Every second your on my property those knives will get closer to killing you. So, leave and go back to your fucking stand-in mate," I said with a growl. I was getting pissed.

"All of this is because I slept with someone that's not you?" He asked trying to pry the knives away from his neck. I let out a chuckle and roll my eyes.

"No I'm not that petty but do you know the pain my wolf felt as you cheated on her?" I lifted my shirt up to reveal the bruises. "I have been alive for 683 years and not once have I let a man take my virginity."

"You obviously don't want me so leave before I reject you," I said. His eyes widened and he let out a threatening growl.

"You wouldn't dare reject me," he growls.

"Watch me," I simply said. I dropped the knives and crossed my arms and leaned on one leg. "I Nicolette Dawn Kn—." He instantly wrapped his hand around my throat and held me up against the wall.

"You can't accept the fact you have a mate. You're scared cause something in your life finally changed. You're worried because you'll have someone else running that large pack of yours," I started saying as he kept chocking me. My wolf purred at the feeling of the sparks where our skin touched but I pushed her back.

"Shut up," he growls, slamming his palm on the wall. I smirk enjoying his frustration.

"You're scared because I might actually disobey your every word. Your scared because you won't have you handful of she-wolves on your hand at all times. You're scarred because you'll always have to come back to me and you can't reject me cause your scared of that too."

"SHUT UP," he said. He slammed his fist into the wall but I quickly caught it before he could smash through it.

"My mother always told me how wonderful it'll be when I find my mate. She always told me wonderful stories about when she met my dad," I started to say. "If she were still here and I told her about right now. She'd castrate you."

"You're worthless," he says slowly. "I'd rather have Morgan as my Luna. The she-wolf i fucked earlier," he said with a smirk. I'm not going to lie but I felt my wolf's confidence chip away.

"You said you'd rather have her as your Luna. Not mate. That means she has flaws but who doesn't. I can sense your wolf pining for me. Your flaw is your anger and the fact that you don't know how to control your wolf," I laugh. "You don't like not knowing things and I'm a mystery to you."

"And it's going to stay that way," I growl. I waved my hand saying a quick spell. As my eyes glowed blue, the barrier was made so that only I could see my house. I watched his stumble backwards into the grass. He let out a roar. He couldn't see me anymore and it was going to stay that way.

He waved his hand in the air, trying to find any evidence of our encounter, but his body just simply went through the walls. I said another spell so I could see what he was seeing. He wandered through the field some more. I stared at him longingly

I've been alive for a long time. I never knew I was capable of finding a mate. Finding a mate was always a dream of mine ever since I was little, but after 500+ years of not finding one I gave up.

The thought was always in the back of my mind. The thought finally became a reality and I was dealt the worst deck of cards. My family was killed and I'm hunted all over the world. The only good thing is that no one knows my face. What if he reveals what I am?

I doubt he would. He can't even figure out how to find me again.

Later that night I felt that same pain. The pain of him cheating on me. I sobbed as I clutched my stomach. The bruises surrounding my stomach was worse than before. They were darker and more tender.

I sniffle and wipe my tears and go to my fridge. I open the bottom drawer and see a note on top of refilled blood bags.

"I'm sorry I had to leave. There was trouble at my coven and I needed to get to Lucy. Before I left I restocked your blood bags. When I left Malcom wasn't there but I don't know if he came back 
-Beck"

I sigh and take a straw and puncture one of the blood bags. If Malcom comes back. I'm going to make his life a living hell.
———
Don't forget to vote and comment!