thirty five

Just as I had suspected not a rom-com, but we did get pizza. It's not the sort of pizza I'm used to though; not greasy and heavy, making you feel ill immediately after eating. It's lighter, fancier, made especially for us by the kitchen downstairs, perks of living in a hotel I suppose.

I laugh the entire way through Anchorman, curled up into Harry's side balancing my plate of half eaten pizza on my lap. My head rests on his chest and it shakes as Harry laughs along as well; though he claims he's watched it at least fifty times he still finds the jokes hilarious. His laugh is one of my favourite noises, and I didn't know that having a favourite noise was even a thing.

"You gonna finish that?" Harry gestures to my now slightly cold pizza still sitting on my plate. I shake my head, my stomach unable to squeeze in anymore no matter how delicious it is. Harry's free hand picks up the plate from my lap and places it on the seat beside him, picking up one of the slices and taking a bite. His other hand is softly tracing the skin of my shoulder as his arm is slung over my back. I notice how I'm never far away from him. If we're in the same room, he's always close by to me.

At some point I lose track of the movie, it begins to play in the background of my mind as I scan the area of Harry's apartment. The absence of personal touches and photos make me sad. Now that I've met his family and I've seen how close they are and how nice they all seem to be, it's a shame that he doesn't keep mementos of them around his home. No family photos, no childhood memories, no pieces of 'art' from his little niece. Aside from that, the apartment is growing on me. This couch now feels comfortable and familiar, the kitchen isn't necessarily homey but it's approachable, and that view just seems to get better every time.

"Such a good movie" Harry says abruptly as my attention diverts back to the screen, the credits are now being displayed on the almost aggressively large TV screen.

"It's pretty good" I agree with a grin as Harry leans forward, placing the plate beside him into the coffee table. He remains seated forward, but turns his body to smile down at me.

"You know, I had a thought. Why don't you stay here while I'm in New York? You could water my plants for me" He offers. I furrow my brows and do a quick sweep of the room.

"You don't have plants" a wide smile grows across his face as he nods his head. That would definitely liven up the place. Maybe I should get him a plant, something low maintenance so he can travel without it dying. It's obviously a not well thought out excuse for me to stay here as opposed to my own place. I roll my eyes with a gentle grin. "Harry, my apartment is totally safe" I reach my hand out and place it on his back, rubbing it gently.

"I know I know, but it would still make me feel better. Being that far away, knowing that you were here would be very comforting to me" It's a sweet thought, him being concerned for my safety while he's away. Unwarranted of course, but still very sweet. It might not be so bad, he has an incredible bath tub that I am dying to take a soak in, plus the kitchen would be an absolute dream to cook in. I shrug my shoulders.

"Alright, if you're that worried about it then I'll stay here" I sigh with a smile, leaning my head back against the sofa.

"Thank you bub" I flick my head up to see him peering down at me with a soft grin. Our gazing is interrupted by his phone loudly vibrating on the table in front of us. Harry lets out a quiet groan as he leans over to pick it up before turning back to me.

"I have to take this, I'll meet you upstairs" he tells me. I nod my head and climb up from the couch, heading towards the stairs and climbing up them as he abrasively answers the call. I opened my small suitcase and began to dig through it looking for something to wear to bed when I saw Harry figure leaning against the doorway out of the corner of my eye.