In His Arms

Chapter 35: In His Arms
( edited version )

Chapter 35: In His Arms( edited version )

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley," Nigel said then handed Ron the package.

"Oh," Ron got the package. "Thank you, Nigel."

Nigel stared at Harry and I in awe.

I cleared my throat then nervously glanced at Hermione.

Ron looked at Nigel. "Not now, Nigel. Later."

Hermione looked at Ron with a 'tell me now.' look.

"I told him I'm getting him Y/N and Harry's autograph." Ron said then started to open the parcel.

"Wait," I said. "Why would he want my autograph?"

"Because," he started. "Your parents are the most magical and powerful wizards here. You're family is powerful then Malfoy's."

"I read a book yesterday. I stopped in a certain chapter. It's about your family, Y/N,"

Hermione started then cleared her throat. "I read that one of the Rosecharms greatest ancestors is Salazar Slytherin himself."

My eyes widened. "What? How come I did not know that?"

She shrugged. "Your family is legend, Y/N."
"Now I know why everyone in my family's always in Slytherin." I said.

"Mum sent me something," Ron said then revealed a dress robe. "What? Mum bought me a dress?"

"Well, it does matches your eyes. Is there a bonnet- aha!" Harry said then held a bonnet.

"Put that down, Harry." Ron said then walked to Ginny's table. "Ginny, this must be for you."

"I'm not wearing that," Ginny said. "It's ghastly."

Hermione and I laughed.
Ron turned to us. "What are you girls on about?" He asked us.

"They're not for Ginny," Hermione said.

"They're for you!" I said then every students at the Gryffindor table laughed.

"Dress robes." Hermione told Ron.

"Dress robes?" Ron asked, confused. "For what?"

"For the Yule Ball." I said.

———

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament. On Christmas Eve, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the whole school, I expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance."

Everyone gasped in excitement.

"The house of Salazar Slytherin has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a band of bumbling babbling baboons!" Snape said.

"How to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst off and take flight. Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Malfoy!"

"Yes?" Draco stepped forward

"Ms. Rosecharm!" Snape called.

"Yes?" I stepped forward then faced Draco.

"Mr. Malfoy, place your hands on Ms. Rosecharm's waist." Snape instructed.

Draco stepped closer then placed his hands on my waist, earning whistles and squeals from the Slytherin students.

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Boys, girls, on your feet now! Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Rosecharm, I'm sure you know how to waltz." He said.

I glanced at Snape, and I swore I saw his lips smile slightly.

For a moment, everything went slow.

All I could focus on is Draco.

Then he groaned in pain.

That's when I realized.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I can't believe I stepped on your foot." I said then backed away.

Snape turned his attention to us.

"It's fine," Draco chuckled then pulled me closer. "Just an accident."

"I hope you didn't forget," I sighed. "That I suck at dancing."

"No," he said. "You were great last time."

My gaze fell to his lips.

That's when I realized that we both are leaning closer. Until...

"Okay, practice is over. You all are dismissed," Snape's monotone voice said, making Draco and I back away to one another.

"And I hope you remember that I don't allow PDA here. Is that correct, Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Rosecharm?" Snape said, earning giggles and chuckles from the class.

Draco and I both blushed red.

"Certainly, Professor." We replied.