scene 5- coward

*"Beep, beep, beep, beep, beepbeepbeepbeepbeep!" "Aah!!" He sat up straight, looking around frantically. "Where is it, where is it!?" He spotted the mechanical beast nearby, much too close for comfort. Its red laser was pointed straight at him, aiming for his forehead. It was about to fire, and there wasn't enough time to get away. He decided too readily to accept his death, pulling his legs close and covering his ears, tearfully crying, "It's going to kill me again... I thought they were good now!" He began to sob, "Make it stop, make it stop, just do it already!"*

●●●

"Beep, beep, beep, beep, beepbeepbeepbeepbeep!" "Aah!!" Wild sat up in his sleeping bag, looking around frantically. "Where is it, where is it!?" He pulled his legs close to him as he covered his ears and tearfully cried, "It's going to kill me again... I thought they were good now!" He began to sob, "Make it stop, make it stop! Just do it already!"

"What the? It's just my alarm, calm down." The Link that spoke turned to Twilight, but he was already awake. "Turn your alarm off!" He did so and watched as Twilight quickly crawled over to calm Wild down.

By now, several others were awake. "What's going on?" "I dunno, my alarm went off and he started freaking out. He was talking about something killing him again or something, and how he 'thought they were good now.'" Twilight said without turning, "Shush!" "Sorry."

Wind got out of his sleeping bag and crawled over. "Can I help? Once my sis freaked out cuz she saw a big bird like the one that took her away." He sounded much more serious than usual. Instead of waiting for an answer, he crawled closer to Wild and hugged him. At first Wild seemed surprised, looking up at him. Wind spoke softly. "Nothing's gonna hurt you here, not if I can help it."

To Twilight's surprise, Wild took his hands off his ears and put his arms around Wind.

Wild then whispered something that only Wind heard. "I'm a freaking coward. I don't deserve to be a royal knight, much less Zelda's personal knight. I freaked out over a freaking alarm. Only cowards do shit like that..." The only thing anyone else heard was Wind saying, "You're no coward.  Cowards don't have scars like yours, or the Triforce of Courage. Anyways, you can only be brave if you're scared in the first place." Wild's only response to that was a nod.

●●●

They were walking now, traveling to a new place. Wild learned from Twilight that the group usually explored. He had also told him that if one of them left and came back by sticking their respective Master Sword in the ground, the sword would sense where the other swords were, and bring the the Link there. He said that it was only a theory, though. A theory on how the swords worked.

Wild was thinking about that when Wind's voice caught him by surprise. "What's that thing?" The kid pointed at the Sheikah Slate. "What, this?" He detached the object from his belt. Wind nodded. "Yeah. What is it?" "It's a Sheikah slate, obviously. It was made for the hero. Did you not have one?" Wind shook his head. "Nope! What does it do?" Instead of explaining it, he just showed Wind the map, the. the runes. He showed him each rune, and used them, save the bombs and Cryonis.

First, he used Magnesis to take one of the Links sword, holding it just out of reach, then promptly dropping it by laughing too hard. He then used Stasis in a less pranky way, freezing a rabbit in its tracks.

The two had a good laugh with the camera, taking silly pictures of each other.

They stopped talking eventually, but they were still smiling. Wild began to feel as if something was following him, but he and Wind were towards the back of the group, with Time and Twilight in the lead, along with another guy he didn't know yet. He kept looking back behind him, but he saw nothing. He told himself that he was just imagining things, but he still jumped at every noise.

"'Kay, guys, be careful! I think there are monsters around here." When the sound of Twilight's voice reached Wild's ears, he looked around warily. He noticed that there was a shadow over him that hadn't been there before. He turned around and saw a moblin, towering over him, holding a club over its head. It seemed to be aiming at Wind, he noticed.

The beast swung down, but just before the club hit Wind, Wild pushed him away, pulled out his sword, and back flipped. The world slowed around him, and he jumped forward and landed multiple blows on the moblin. Time resumed to it's normal speed, and the moblin fell to the ground.

He turned to Wind to check if he was okay, and his mouth was wide open. "That was awesome! You were so fast, I barely even saw you! How'd you do that? You gotta show me!" He sheathed his sword and signed, "I'm not really sure I can teach how to do. I kind of just do it. I don't know how. It's just something that I do." "Aaw, really? Are you sure? I bet you could figure it out." "Can't someone else teach you?" "What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure you're the only one you can do something like that. You're also the only one with those room thingys." "Rune." "I don't even know what the heck you just signed, but okay." Wild laughed at the statement, wondering how someone could be so silly, and if he was ever like that.

Was he ever like that? There wasn't really anyone he could ask. He should probably stop thinking about that, before he got any further.

"Please? Can you at least try? I bet you could do it. At least tell me what you do when you do it." "Fine." "Yay!!" Wind jumped for joy, and Wild smiled.

He cleared his throat and coughed a few times. "I'll talk for now, to make it easier," he said hoarsely. "Does your voice always sound like that? I've only heard you talking quietly before. And crying." Wild nodded, not really answering the question. It was more of an agreement nod.

He began trying to explain it to Wind, struggling a bit. Explaining and talking in general was not his strong suit. "So first, I dodge. Usually I do a backflip. It's easier that way." "How do you do a backflip?" "Uhhh... Let me show you." He backed up, away from anyone else. He did a backflip relatively easily. He then watched as Wind attempted to do the same, only ending up lying on his back.

"Why don't you try to just dodge normally for now?" Wind nodded, still lying on the ground. He dramatically groaned and sat up. "Come on, you're fine." He giggled and stood up. Wild looked around for a moment and picked up a long stick. "Pretend that we're fighting. Dodge my attacks." He started swinging, catching Wind by surprise. "Hey! No fair!" Wild just smiled and waited a moment before swinging again. This time Wind dodged, but he still got hit. He tried again, successfully dodging.

"Okay. You got it. Umm..." Wild picked up a second stick and handed it to Wind. "Next part. Swing at me." Wind swung, and Wild hopes to the side and flew at Wind, tapping him a couple times with the stick. When he finished, Wind was looking at him wide-eyed. "If that was an actual attack, I would have been dead!" Wild laughed and explained, "When I hopped away, I pushed myself back at you with my foot and hit you a few times." He swung again with the stick, and this time Wind was a little more prepared. He still got hit, but when he tried again, he dodged well. He jumped back a little, then jumped at Wild, which didn't move away. In fact, he didn't move at all.

Wind hit him a couple times, then asked, "Was that good?" Wild didn't reply, so he repeated himself. "Wild? Was that okay?" He still didn't reply, or move. He was just staring straight ahead with an odd look on his face.

"Uh, Twi? What's wrong with Wild? He isn't answering me." Twilight looked back at the boys and walked over. He looked at Wild for a moment and said, "I'm not sure."

As if it were caused by the sound of Twilight's voice, Wild relaxed, breathing heavily. He fell to his knees and blinked several times. "Oh no! Are you okay?" Wind looked up at Twilight. "Did I do that? He was showing me how he did that super fast thing, and I was doing the dodge thing, and after I hit him a couple times, he stopped. He wouldn't say anything or move. Did I do it?"

Wild was the one who answered. "No, no, it's fine. I just... remembered something." He stood up and rubbed his eyes. He walked ahead, ignoring the two people standing behind him.