chapter 28

When we got off the plane Mariya was still asleep but the girls weren't. I had to carry her bridal style to the car. I guess she must be really tired. We were almost home just a few more houses away. I'm really happy that my parents are going to meet Mariya. "Daddy it's grampa" Mia squealed while bouncing in her seat. I stopped the car then got out.

"Son you finally came" my dad laughed and I smiled and gave him a hug. "Now where are my babies?" He asked as I walked over to the car and took Mia out. Mia ran over to dad and he hugged her and gave her kisses on her cheek. "Come give grampa some kisses he said. I looked over at Melia and she was asleep too. I picked her up and laid her head on my shoulder.

"è arrivata anche la nonno mamma" Mia said while pointing at the car. Father furrowed his eyebrows then looked at me. 'The one that gave birth to them' he mouthed and I shook my head. He sighed the tilted his head to look inside the car.

(Grampa mommy came too)

"Wow, tua mamma è carina" father said and Mia blushed then nodded. I gave Melia to dad and he smiled then kissed her forehead. I ran over to the side of the car and placed my hand under her leg and one on her back. I lift her up and she placed her hand on my chest then snuggled into me more.

(Wow your mommy is pretty)

"Here park the car and take the bags up to my room," I said to one of the men and he nodded. I gave him the key then went into the house.

"Son she's beautiful don't let her" father whispered and I nodded then smiled. I brought her upstairs to my room. Laid her down on the bed and she turned on her side. I left the room and went downstairs to find dad playing with Mia. "Lorenzo, what's her name?" He asked as I sat down on the couch.

"Mariya," I said and my father smirked.

"The Mariya that you went to high school and college with. The one that didn't want you because you were a player. The one that you had a crush on. The on-" he was about to say but I interrupted him.

"Yes dad it's her I get the point," I said then rolled my eyes. He chuckled then placed Mia on his lap. "I proposed to her three weeks ago" I whispered and he smiled.

"Wow, son I want to know everything. At least your getting married your twin brother is out there fuc- I mean taking every girl he sees. I want him to settle down. He doesn't even want kids for himself even though he loves them. Who does that" he said as he looks down at Mia.

"Where are mom and aurora and the others?" I asked while looking around.

"Your mom went to her friend's house and Aurora took the kids out," he said and I nodded.

"Caterina is gone?" Mia asked and I nodded and she pouted. Caterina is my 5-year-old sister when Mia comes over they play together "She'll be back soon" I whispered and she gave me a small smile. "Ok"

"Nonno how old are you?" Mia asked while playing with her fingers. "Grampa is 49 years old. I'm getting old" he laughed and Mia shook her head while giggling.

"Mia would you like something to eat" dad asked and she nodded he placed her down on the floor and she ran into the kitchen. Mia loves her grandpa they are always together. He even spoils her.

MARIYA POV

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around the place was really quiet. I run my hand over my face then stood. I walked over to the door which I assume was the bathroom, opened it then walked over to the sink. I washed my face then sighed. I didn't even realize when I got off the plane. I walked back into the room and looked at the time. It was 7:35 pm. The door opened and I looked over at Mia. Her face lighted up. "Mommy your wake, you slept the whole day," she said and I smiled. Was I that tired?. "Come on mommy Nonna wants to see you," she said while pulling me out of the room. I followed her down the stairs while looking around. Wow, this place is big and elegant. "We are going to watch a movie mommy," Mia said and I smiled.
Nonna means grandma. She speaks Italian.