Chapter 63: The Third Task

I do not own Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

The driest dirt he's ever felt ran through his fingers, Harry noted as he picked up some and slowly let it fall between his fingers.

Some sticking to his hand slightly even as he wiped it on the pants of a suit he was apparently wearing. But it wasn't the type of suit that he might wear, it seemed older, almost like it was from a different time.

He shifted the dirt by his feet as he saw something glint from it. From there, Harry found the same design that Ayra, his newest companion which was a white Niffler, had found when they first met. A line inside a circle that's inside a triangle. It was so familiar that there was something on the tip of his tongue that just wouldn't come out.

As he reached down to pick it up, he felt like he was thrown through the air. Instead of pain when he landed on the hard ground, he felt nothing even as he looked up and spotted the pitch-black sky.

It wasn't nighttime though, it was like a black swirling cloud was above him, seemingly surrounding him and a sudden village that appeared in his eyesight.

But what he felt most, was the panic fear that was coming from the black circling cloud. Forcing himself to get up, he struggled through the tough winds and went toward the black cloud.

He ignored the cries and pleads from the village, it was like his mind was focused on just one thing.

A child was crying.

He struggled up the hill even as he was pushed further back from the black cloud, it strikes beside him with each step he made, trying to scare him off.

But Harry kept going, up the hill with the black lightning striking beside him with each step, he kept going.

Until finally, he made it up a hill. And there was a shack there. It was tiny and reminded him of his cupboard at the Dursleys.

The crying was coming from inside the small shack. He just reached the door when he was blasted away from it, pain erupting from his throat...

Harry shouted as his eyes flew open and his hands instinctively reached toward his neck, it felt sore and dry.

He licked his lips and tried to swallow some of his saliva, but it was too painful as it slowly slid down his throat.

Harry was about to start freaking out again when a hand that was so familiar to him rested on his shoulder. "Easy, kiddo. It's okay, it's okay. Don't try to speak," his father said calmly as Harry tried to open his mouth.

Harry made a frustrated sound and rubbed his sore neck that was still impossibly dry. "Slow sips," Percy said as he grabbed the drink beside the table and helped steady it in Harry's shaking hands.

Some sort of dream was clinging onto his mind, but with each second it was slipping back away from him.

He couldn't remember what it was about.

"Take it easy, do you remember the fight you had? Yes or no?"

Harry took a slow sip of the water that was slowly cooling his burning throat and thought back to what he remembered last. The dream had already slipped away but the image of the triangle, circle, the line was burning into it. Harry pushed through the image and found that it connected to his attack.

Nodding, Harry answered his father's question without talking.

"Alright, that's good I suppose. Do you know who attacked you?" Percy asked more gently, knowing it was better to come from him than the Aurors that were outside the door arguing with Madam Poppy.