chapter 40 (finale).

wooyoung san

nothing was making much sense. he wasn't concentrating on the burly security guards eyeing them cautiously; nor the way they kept checking their watches and murmuring gruffly into walkie talkies.

he didn't mind the inquiring glances thrown idly their way, didn't even notice the pandemonium of the station as passengers hurried to catch their trains. it was all a gaussian blur of insignificance. all he could see was the boy in front of him, who's smile enhanced his handsome features that san missed so much, brighter than he'd possibly ever seen it.

wooyoung's naturally darkened hair still held traces of the lilac it once beheld, the ruffled locks a mess of wind ravaged beauty. in his panting state, he was clearly not the most composed he'd ever been, but san's heart clenched and unclenched, his whole chest aching as his entire being sang beautiful.

one of them had to break the silence, but wooyoung was too caught up in catching his breath and devouring the sight of san before him, so he took the liberty to at last speak first, knowing time wasn't on their side.

"what're you doing here?" san questioned in bewilderment, adjusting his bag strap to keep his hands busy.

"what does it look like?" wooyoung answered with another question, shaking his head like it doesn't matter, and taking a step towards san, smile never faltering.

san didn't step back, although he unconsciously tensed up, unmoving on the spot in front of wooyoung, who reached out to caress his cheek ever so lightly, as if checking if he was real.

"i came to my senses." wooyoung continued, furthering his explanation. "i've been such an idiot, god. it's time i did something incredibly selfish, something i've held back from doing because i thought it was best for you."

as he spoke, the other male's quivering hands reached to cup san's face, the gentle touch making his senses go haywire, the hair on his arms standing up as if he'd been electrocuted.

"what're you saying?" san asked, shaking his head slightly in confusion, reaching up to place his own hand over the one belonging to wooyoung.

"i'm saying," wooyoung started, holding his gaze tenderly as if peering straight into his soul, making san feel oddly exposed and vulnerable. "right here, right now,"

san waited as the other paused, holding his breath and hanging onto every word as wooyoung leaned a little closer. he didn't know what he was doing - but he knew that he missed wooyoung so, so much, and right here, right now, that was all that mattered to him.

"that i love you, little choi." wooyoung finished, the nickname tugging at san's heartstrings.

san let out a small gasp, releasing the breath he'd been holding, and a wild smile overtook his face as the words registered in his mind. they changed everything- he finally felt validated, like he meant something, that he had a purpose in this world.

"you- you do?" san stuttered almost disbelievingly, taking his own first step forward to shorten the distance between them.

"god, yes." wooyoung assured him, eyes darting around san's face as he stroked his cheek with his thumb. "so fucking much."

his breath caught in his throat, the words replaying in his head over and over again like a broken record playing the most beautiful tune. "i didn't come here expecting you to say it back," wooyoung hastily added, eyes not moving from his face. "i just needed you to know-"

"i love you, too, jung wooyoung." san interrupted with a quiet laugh, euphoria warming his insides, giddy with joy and bursting with the honesty of admitting his feelings. "no matter how hard i tried not to. i really do."