Chapter 33: Surgery

A woman's screams could be heard in the room. Blood poured out incessantly as the woman bit into the blanket.

"Rong! Take the scissors and get ready to cut."

Su Chen was silent and serious as she held the scissors in her hands while waiting for the cue from Doctor Luo.

Sweat dripped down. The woman before them was having a complicated birth. The child was too big and the woman has been in labour for 10 hours and was losing strength and blood at the last moment.

Immediately, Doctor Luo cued Su Chen and she quickly snipped below, widening the hole for the child to slide out.

"Not yet."

Doctor Luo quietly reminded Su Chen.

Su Chen quickly passed the crying baby to the wet nurse to be wiped as she snipped the umbilical cord.

She waited for the mother to push out the placenta fully, before sewing up the cut below.

The mother was panting heavily but Su Chen's heart heaved a sigh of relief. The mother and son were safe.

"Congrats, Madam!! The young master is healthy and safe!" The wet nurse cried with tears in her eyes as she held the wailing big baby to his mother.

"Thank you. Thank you, Doctor."

Su Chen smiled gently and left with Doctor Luo.

They were both quiet on the way back to the inn when Doctor Luo's laughter cackled in the air.

"Not bad. Your first surgery went well!" Doctor Luo smiled, pleased at his disciple's progress. Despite only being with him for five months, she had learnt a lot and now was rather proficient.

"Master! You really scared this disciple! How can you suddenly make me do the surgery on the spot."

Doctor Luo smiled eccentrically.

"What better way than to learn on the job? Enough. Today, get a good rest. Tomorrow we are leaving for South Rain."

Su Chen shook her head lightly, tired by the long labour and felt that she needed to quickly wash the blood and sweat off her body.

She had only just washed up and was about to doze off in her comfortable bed when she noticed a figure on her bed.

"Chen'er, you still stubbornly refuse to learn martial arts. If one was to come and attack you in your sleep, how will you be able to protect yourself?"

This tall, brawny man with a sexy dangerous muscular figure was lying on the bed languidly, like a panther licking his paws in anticipation.

His obsidian eyes shined brightly as his seductive lips curled up. The scars she was used to imagining had seemed to increase on his body.

He walked up and went to her.

Immediately, Su Chen was dragged into his warm embrace.

Unlike before, when she only reached to below his chest, now she comfortably rested her cheek on his hard chest under his clavicle.

He flipped her and carried her like a princess to the bed, gently like a precious treasure.

With a warm palm over her eyes, blocking to the moonlight, she heard a hot whisper into her ear.

"Sleep."