Chapter 40: The Silent Fist

Song Quote: Washing Machine Heart
"Toss your dirty shoes in my washing machine heart Baby, bang it up inside
Baby, though I've closed my eyes I know who you pretend I am. I know who you pretend I am.
Do mi ti Why not me? Why not me?"
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
The group had finally reached their destination to hide from the Overlord's gaze.
The ninja parked their vehicles in the forest away from the monastery. Lloyd made his golden dragon disappear as he landed on the ground. 

He looked around scanning the area and his eyes settled on (Y/n). The girl had taken off her motorcycle helmet revealing her masked features. She was kneeling before her parked bike checking for any damages.

The green ninja's eyes perked up as excitement bubbled in his chest. He approached her standing behind the girl with anticipation. "(Y/n)" he spoke her name tenderly with his arms open.

The girl turned around to stand and face him. "Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon" she replied in endearment as she pulled the golden ninja into a hug. 

Lloyd must have missed her a lot because he was accidentally using his super strength to crush poor (Y/n). "I yield" she hissed tapping his arm desperately before he released his grasp.

The green ninja started to fuss if he hurt the girl. "I think you fixed my posture" (Y/n) joked reassuringly as she stretched her limbs.

"Come give us a hand" Jay called to the two as they covered their vehicles in leaves and branches. (Y/n) took the moment to transform her motorcycle back into an inconspicuous suit case.

They parked a little bit away from the monastery to cover their tracks in case the Overlord finds the area.

"This is a perfect place to lay low" Lloyd sighed blissfully "No robots, no cameras no problems."

"Still if any aerial drones pass overhead you better wear this" Nya interrupted tossing him his new green ninja suit. "It will scramble their signal, so they can't find you" she explained.

"And made specially for this" you smirked and tugged at your own mask that was made from the same material.

Lloyd quickly changed his clothes where no one was looking. When he was done he stepped out smiling at his new apparel "Yeah this is sweet."

"That suits you" (Y/n) complimented Lloyd sweetly with a hidden pun. She had a look of pride about her as she helped Cyrus design the suits the ninja are wearing.

The green ninja didn't know how to respond. He scratched the back of his head bashfully not meeting her eyes.

"Lloyd?" Misako gasped as she stumbled upon the group. The old woman dropped what she was doing and ran over to embrace her son.

Lloyd welcomed the affection for a moment before pulling away. "What are you all doing here?" She asked looking to everyone delighted by the surprise visit.

"The Overlord's back and New Ninjago City has fallen under his control." Lloyd told her "He has Sensei Wu."

Misako shifted unsteadily at the news. "Wu's tough, there's a reason he's lived as long as he has" She reassured patting him on the back.

Lloyd perked up a bit asking "Where's dad?" 

"Yeah, where is Lord Garmadon?" Kai chimed in crossing his arms sourly.

"He no longer goes by Lord" Misako corrected the fire ninja. "Here he is Sensei Garmadon. And he won't be back until this evening's lesson."

"Uh, did you just say Sensei Garmadon?!" Jay blurted out loud.