Fourteen

"The Yule Ball," Professor McGonagall said as we were all gathered in the now empty large classroom that held most of the house. "Has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night we and our guest gather in the great hall in a well mannered pritvalatory. As representatives as host cshcol I expect all of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance."

We all erupted into chattered, well mostly the girls. While the boys were groaning as how it could've happen.

"Silence." McGonagall continued saying she was going to teach us how to dance. Flich was done tinkering when McGonagall look around for something. "Mr. Weasley will you join me please."

Ginny and I tried to hide and cover our amusement, since Hermione glared at both of us to stop. But we just look at Ron's face and covered our mouths to keep our laugh from bursting out since McGonagall would probably and most likely kill us.

"Place your hand on my waist."

"Your what?"

"My waist." he place it where she told him and they both started waltzing around.

"Oh if only we could take a picture."

"I think Colin got that covered." Ginny pointed over to our classmate. I defiantly had to talk to him about getting a picture later.

"Alright everyone pair up."

Ginny and I got up with the other girls. But none of the boys did. Neville was the first, as he went over to one of the girls who took his hands.

"Excellent. Come on gentlemen, get up."

I looked at Harry as he sighed and got up as well. Then a few boys followed afterwards parting with the girls.

"I really don't like this." My brother said taking my hand.

"Be glad it was me." I said. "And not one of your current fangirls."

"Who to think the champion would choose his sister to dance with."

We began to whisper to each other since McGonagall was talking and telling us what we should be doing.

"Better with you than with someone else. It's already awkward as it is."

"Who you asking to the ball brother?" I asked as McGonagall was teaching the boys how to lift up the girls. which terrified me. It worse when my brother doesn't know how to dance. "Just relax harry." I told him.

"Sorry, you know I'm clumsy."

"It's alright. Well... Are you going to ask someone?"

"I don't know."

"I think you do."

I knew he was going to try to ask Cho. But I also knew someone else is bound to if he doesn't hurry up.

"No, it's too fast."

"Come on Harry. Man up and ask her."

He lifted me up and then placed me back down as we all continued to practiced.

"Possibly." He looked over at McGonagall who was walking over here.

"Very good Harry and Davina." McGonagall said. "Harry make sure you lead, and don't put so much wight on your right foot." And with that she walked off.

"What about you?" Harry asked.

"What about me? Harry you know as well as I that I hate dancing. Not to mention there aren't many guys that I talk to that are not the Weasley's or you. Besides, there a rule where anyone under four years can't attended, unless they are invited or asked. I can't just show up solo now can I? I'll probably be in my room figuring out that egg."