twenty five

•••

•••

"MISTER BARNES, MISS micheals, boss wanted me to remind you the quinjet leaves for wakanda in less then two hours." friday's voice echoed through bucky's room, alexa sighing. she draped her arm across his abdomen, spooning him. bucky put his hand in her's and intertwined them.

"i can hear your thoughts honey. shuri knows what she's doing. two days tops she said, and you'll be free from hydra." bucky exhaled, turning in alexa's arms.

"i know, i trust shuri, according to tony she's smarter then him and bruce combined, and that's pretty smart," alexa chuckled softly.

"i just- i never imagined that i'd finally be free from what they put in me. i cant trust my own mind, and until she can get the words out, i gotta go back under." alexa nodded, understanding. she placed a kiss on his lips, bucky relaxing immediately.

"i'll be right there when you wake up." bucky cocked an eyebrow up, a small smile on his lips.

"promise?" he stuck his pinky up, alexa smiling. they locked pinkies.

"i promise, you dork." the two laughed, unhooking their pinkies as alexa's hand went to the back of bucky's neck, kissing him once again.

•••

"i hope i see you back and better then ever barnes." sam brought bucky into hug, bucky accepting it.

"thanks sam." the two smiled, bucky saying goodbye to everyone. he went to natasha, her giving a small smile.

"you know, you've come a long way since the red room bucky. i'm proud of you. we all are." he chuckled, looking down at his feet, then looked back to look at natasha.

"you've come a long way as well nat. i'm proud of you too." natasha felt her smile grow, and held back the tears in her eyes. she brought bucky into a hug, holding him tight.

"good luck barnes. you're gonna come back out good as new." "that's the plan." he heard her chuckle, him releasing her from the hug. he walked towards jet, seeing alexa, steve, bruce and tony waiting for him. everyone waved one last time at the group, watching the runway close and the jet take off from the tower.

•••

wakanda was beautiful. a place like none other.

when the jet landed, and the runway opened, bucky nervously stood up. he grabbed alexa's hand, her looking up at him. she placed her head around the back of his neck to pull him down for a loving kiss.

"breathe honey. everything's gonna work out fine." he nodded, sending alexa a small smile. she grinned back, the two following tony and bruce out of the jet, steve to bucky's left.