Cat Grant x Reader

Song fic

Song fic. The song is Break Up In The End by Cole Swindell

(Y/N)- Your Name

(E/C)- Eye Color

(Y/F/S)- Your Favorite Song

I still walk in that bar a little drunk
I still ask you what you're drinking, what's your name
I still kiss you by the shuffleboard, last call at 2AM
Even though we break up in the end

Things between you and Cat had ended. You still aren't sure how it happened or what led your relationship to this point. You didn't regret it though. If you could go back in time you would still stumble into that bar already tipsy. You would still approach the cute blonde, Cat,  at the edge of the bar and start a conversation with her. Trying to figure out what she was drinking and if she would let you buy one. When you asked for her name she seemed confused. 

"Hey beautiful can I get your name?" you asked the gorgeous woman who sat beside you. She turned to look at you with confusion swirling in her eyes.

"Do you honestly have no idea who you are talking to?" she had asked you and you smiled at her.

"Darling if I had ever met you before trust me I would remember you. I could never forget a woman like you." You had slightly slurred out. 

You sighed while walking down the street. A small smile appeared on your face though. The memory of how you two met was probably always going to sting. You didn't mind though even knowing how your relationship ended you would do it all over again.

I'll introduce you to my mom and dad
Say "I think I love her" when you leave that room
I'd still not take their advice when I say you're moving in
Even though we break up in the end

You could still remember when you had brought her home with you to introduce her to your parents. She had been so nervous, which for her was unusual. Cat was never nervous. Yet, here she was just a bundle of nervous energy. You had smiled over at her and took her hands in yours.

"Love they are going to absolutely adore you." You told her and leaned down to press a kiss on her forehead. 

"(Y/N) you cant possibly know that." She said looking up at you. You laughed softly and shook your head. 

"I do know that. You want to know how I know they with love you Cat?" You asked her. She nodded her head and you wrapped your arms around her waist pulling her closer to you. 

"I know that because you made me happy Cat. Happier than I have ever felt before." You murmured pressing a kiss to the top of her head. She pulled back to look up at you her brown eyes meeting your (E/C) as she smiled. After that you two of you made your way to your parents house. Everything was going great. Your mom and dad loved Cat and Cat had calmed down and was no longer as nervous, In the middle of talking to your parents she got a call.

"Sorry I have to take this." She said smiling apologetically and walking outside to take her call. You watched her walk away with a smile on your face before turning back to your parents.

"I think that I'm in love with her." You told them. You saw the smiles on their faces and you knew that they were just happy you finally had someone you truly cared for. You knew you were also going to have to tell them that one of the reasons you had brought Cat to meet them was that you were going to be moving in together. You already knew how that would go. You could practically hear them say it was too early and to wait a little longer. You already knew you were going to ignore it because that woman out there held your heart.

Even if I knew you'd be the one that got away
I'd still go back and get you
Even if I knew you'd be my best and worst mistake
Oh, I'd still make it with you
Over and over, again and again
Even though we break up in the end

The memory managed to put a soft yet sad smile on your face. You continued walking around going wherever your feet took you. You couldn't stay at your new apartment. It was too quiet without her around. Yet, even if there was a way you could avoid meeting her and avoid the heartbreak you knew you wouldn't take it. She was the best thing that ever happened to you and losing her was the worst but you wouldn't change a thing. You would always choose her no matter what because you would rather have had the chance to have loved Cat and lose her than to have never met her to begin with. 

I'd still play my favorite song in your car
Let you love me to it, 'til it felt like ours
Now all I hear is you in it, but I'd still let you ruin it
Even though we break up in the end

You had walked into a bar. Apparently where your feet were taking you was the place you had first met Cat. You shoved your hands your pockets. Tonight was karaoke night. You smiled remembering all the times you had tried to convince Cat to sing karaoke with you. She never said yes at the bar but she would sing with you int the apartment you two had shared. You hadn't been expecting to hear (Y/F/S) though. It hurt to hear now yet still brought a feeling of happiness, even if it was tinted with heartbreak, to you. You had showed the song to Cat and had played it over and over again. She had surprisingly loved it and you two danced to and sang the song all the time. Listening to it now though, all you could hear was Cats voice singing. You let a couple tears fall knowing that at some point this song had become yours and Cats song. You would still show (Y/F/S) to her though. You would let her ruin that song over and over again though because for you Cat was the only choice for you to make. Never meeting her, even if it saves you from heartbreak, isn't a choice for you. You would always choose to walk into that bar no matter how many times you were given to take a different route. You just hoped that Cat felt the same and that she would always wait in that bar for you no matter how many times she was given to make a different choice. You just smiled sadly and sat down at the bar letting yourself get lost in memories of the past as you drank the night away. 

A/N: So I didn't do the whole song for this one. It was already getting a little longer than I had originally planned for it to be and I felt like right there was a good place to end it at. My prompts request is still open and I would love to hear from some of y'all.