armed detective agency / related

It was a normal day, nothing out of the ordinary. Kunikida yelling (most likely at Dazai), Atsushi working on Dazai's work, Ranpo eating candy, and the Tanizaki siblings doing 'that'. Nobody thought anything was wrong, it was just the regular schedule. So, when [y/n] walked in the office looking gloomy, everyone was surprised. Usually [y/n] was the most cheerful person on Earth, but it seemed like she was having a bad day.

Perhaps she just woke up like this, or she just had a major mood swing. After all, working at the Armed Detective Agency was hard work. Surely she was just in a bad mood, nothing more. So, everyone went back to doing their own thing. It was back to Kunikida yelling (probably at Dazai again), Atsushi working on paperwork, Ranpo eating and telling riddles to Kenji and Kyouka, and the Tanizaki siblings back to doing 'that' once more.

Dazai decided to take the opportunity to play some tricks on [y/n], wanting her get in a better mood. So, he flirted with her for a little bit. She cracked a smile on some of them, but mostly just giving small hums once in a while. Dazai was getting worried, usually she would flirt back, or rebuttal with her own. He decided to back off, leaving her alone at her desk. Atsushi, finally finished with his work (and Dazai's), decided to invite [y/n] to the café below the agency. She agreed, noting that she was craving something sweet.

After the two ordered some coffee, Atsushi decided to ask why she was so sad this morning.

"Hey [l/n]-san, why were you so sad this morning?"

[y/n] flinches, looking a little bit scared.

"I just woke up grumpy." [y/n] laughs it off, but Atsushi doesn't believe her.

Atsushi sips the coffee in front of him. Looking at his reflection, he hears [y/n] drink her coffee as well.

'[l/n]-san is lying..I know it.'

Atsushi stares at [y/n], seeing that she was uncomfortable. He really cared about her, like everyone else in the agency. So he was determined to figure out what was making her like this.

"So you figured me out, huh?"

Atsushi blushes a little, knowing that she just used her ability on him. [y/n]'s ability was being able to read minds, she could control them too, but she doesn't use it unless it was really needed.

[y/n] sighs, "I got into a fight with my brother."

'Brother? [l/n]-san never told me she had a brother..'

"He was mad I didn't come home earlier," [y/n] was slightly embarrassed about not texting or calling her brother that she was hanging out with the Tanizaki siblings the other day, since she told him that she would be home early. She completely forgot to tell him, she was just having too much fun that day to call or text him once.

"Um, does your brother know about your ability and the agency?" Atsushi was worried that [y/n]'s job at the agency was part of the problem.

"Oh! No, it's not the problem, he knows."

Atsushi sighs in relief, "Thank goodness.."

What Atsushi didn't know was her brother was an executive of an enemy organization.

~~~

"Hey! I'm home!" [y/n]'s yell echoes back to her, and no response comes from anywhere in the small apartment. She guesses that her brother wasn't home, so she ran into her room. After a very long hour, she hears the door open. [y/n] hears Chuuya groaning at the pile of dishes in the sink.

"I'm back," Chuuya calls, knowing full well [y/n] is ignoring him. He walks towards the tiny kitchen, grabbing some wine from the fridge. [y/n] was out of her room now, watching Chuuya down the entire bottle of wine. Chuuya wasn't aware that she was staring, so [y/n] sighs. She walks towards the phone and orders takeout.

[y/n] sits down across from Chuuya, but he didn't seem to care or notice. [y/n] lets out another sigh.

"Bad day?"

Chuuya stops, looking at the bottle in his hand.

"Just a failed mission, nothing else." Chuuya scoffs.

[y/n] rolls her eyes at Chuuya's tone, "Really? I've never seen you this mad about a failed mission."

Chuuya doesn't answer, instead he takes a sip of the wine. A knock was heard from the door, making [y/n] get up and get the food. Chuuya was pretty much drunk by the time [y/n] came back. [y/n] frowns at the sight of her brother sleeping.

'Guess he really had a bad day..'

[y/n] set him on the couch, laying a small blanket over him.

~~~

"Ugh.."

Chuuya woke up to a horrible hangover, making him feel like he just wanted to go to sleep once more. But, he knew Mori was surely scold him for not coming to work. So, he climbed off of the couch, barely able to stand.

'What happened last night?'

Chuuya could barely remember what happened the other day. It was just an image of Mori with a disappointing smile on his face, and flashes of drinking. He started to walk to the bathroom when he suddenly fell. The hard wood floor felt cold, and as he started to get up, he heard a voice come from the hall.

"What are you doing? Chuuya, you know you can barely walk in this state." He heard [y/n] lecture him.

He hears footsteps coming towards him. Then, he gets some support from [y/n]. He mumbles a quick 'thanks' and walks towards the bedroom. Well, it was more of [y/n] guiding him to his bedroom. He plops onto his bed, more exhausted than ever.

"You know, you shouldn't drink when you have to go to work the next day." [y/n] says softly, as Chuuya sits up on the bed.

Chuuya was embarrassed that his sister saw that, "Sorry.."

[y/n] giggles, "We all have our bad days, so it's fine."

"I'm going to—"

"No, you're not going to work. Chuuya, it's always work with you. Take a break. I called in already." [y/n] cuts him off.

"Thanks, I guess I do need a break.." Chuuya lays down, sighing.

[y/n] stares at Chuuya, "I going to work now, so I'm not going to be here until 5, alright? Call me if you need anything."

With that, [y/n] walks out of his bedroom. It left him alone, but not long later, he fell asleep.

————

Bonus!

When [y/n] accidentally told the members of the agency that her brother was Chuuya, everyone was freaked out.

"Your brother is an executive of the Port Mafia?!?" Atsushi and Kunikida both said at the same time.

Dazai sighed, "I can't believe you're related to that slug.."

Ranpo wasn't shocked, as he knew already because he saw you with him once when he was out shopping for candy.

Everyone was trying to ask more questions, but it was soon getting uncomfortable. But it seemed the questions would last until the end of your shift, so you sat down, hoping for the best.

———