Chapter 13: Fairytales are Lies

Hey guys,

Long time no update,

I am so sorry. my time is caught between looking and applying to universities to audition practice and mock exams which means i have less time to write.

Anyway, here is the next chapter.

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Chapter 13

                Marc began walking towards the sound of the traffic. He seemed confident in what he was doing and that was somewhat reassuringly but deep inside I still had the underlying trust that was simmering beneath the surface.

                My feelings for him were there and clearly apparent. There was nothing I could say or do to deny. The mating bond was so sure and strong that I knew what I was instantaneously. Every instinct screamed at me to touch him, hold him, kiss him and claim him as mine. It was primal instinct fighting for dominance and I knew he was probably experiencing the same as me at the moment if him clutching his hand in a fist every so often was something to go by.

                I was tired already and I was ready to get to sleep in a room somewhere. I was desperate for my time to grieve. Only problem was the road ahead seemed so hopeless and endless. Nothing was certain anymore. That was what frightened me the most. The insecurity. The not knowing. The feeling of being powerless.

                “So what’s your plan?” I asked turning to look at Marc.

                “We have safe houses scattered across the country. Not only the UK but every European Country. I will take you to one of those. We will get money, fake passports, change of clothing and we will flee the country. I am going to take you somewhere else in Europe. I can’t take you to another Werewolf Kingdom as they are extremely territorial, royalty or not. We will keep you hidden until this war is over,” Marc explained with a fierce determination.

                I stopped walking for a second as I let my mind go over everything that was said but I felt like it was wrong. I couldn’t do this.

                “I am not staying hidden for the next disaster to happen. It has been sixteen years already. It could be that long again. I deserve a life. I am going to help stop this war so I can actually get that. I am not just going to stop and do nothing. I am sick of living that life,” I argued back fully determined.

                “Woah. No. You aren’t risking your life. You are going to hide and stay safe. What if you got captured or killed? Your parents would have nothing to fight for and Cameron would use you as leverage. That wouldn’t help anybody,” Marc argued back getting frustrated.

                “Well, I am not helping anyone now anyway. I have to do something and my parents would still have the kingdom to fight for. They have given me up for sixteen years already, they could cope if I had to die,” I shouted.