28| Puzzle piece

"So I was in another dimension," I stated more towards myself. Ethan sat patiently waiting for me to process the new found revelation.
"But how did you know about the dimensions?" I asked curiously.
"After high school, I did an internship in the department of psychological affairs. They had different cases of people going into another dimension during an accident. I did a case where an individual suddenly knew how to speak a foreign language when he woke up after hitting his head. The range of time you were in the dimension varies from person to person."
"But in my "past life" I had 5 years left to live and I'm sure I lived in the dimension for five years," I delivered my facts.

"5 years in the other dimension doesn't equal the time in the dimension we live in. Did you realised you only remembered important events more vividly. What about your day to day life?"

"I don't remember. I only had vivid flashes of important events. Like how I dropped out of university. Or how I became a low paid model. But nothing in the middle. How did I drop out of university? There's was nothing in between," I replied and my body tensed. I could feel cold sweat sticking to my body as I processed the information.

"Exactly. And you didn't experience anything about SP or a curse when you were in the dimension. The moment you died in that life, your soul returned back into your original body here. That's how you woke up from your coma. It might have been when you were in coma, your soul left your body and didn't know how to return. Think of it like this. Your body and soul is tight by a string. When your soul left your body, the string is still attached, but there was no force to push your soul back into your body. So it probably crossed into another dimension to get that rebound force," Ethan calmly gave his piece. Seeing how shaken I was, he held my hand in a comforting manner. His eyes softened.
"Come on, let's eat the food before it goes cold. Also, I think I know what you were thinking before we had this long talk."
"What?"
"You were probably thinking that removing the curse doesn't help your situation. That you still have died after your time was up just like your "past life". Aren't I right?" Ethan smugly said with his eyes reflecting confidence. He sure can read me like a book.
"How did you know?"
"Did you know you become more silent and your nose twitches when you try to hide something?"
"No I did not, you stalker!" I joked

"Think of me as more of an admirer. (AN: more like potential love interest) I'll save you, don't worry. You won't die so easily. Remember you have me now," Ethan assured me.
"Alright I believe you too," I smiled shyly feeling a weight was off my shoulders. Once we finished our lunch, and I was lying back on my heated futon like the sloth I am, Ethan came back in with favourite desert.
"Are you trying to fatten me up, Mr. big bad wolf?" I said as I eyed the ice cream in his hand.
"Oh, you caught me, little red riding hood," Ethan followed the lines of the impromptu script. I laughed out loud. It was truly amusing.
"Once you finished eating, let's go shopping," Ethan suggested.
"What, are you a girl?," I teased him.
"If I am, I would be a lesbian."
"You're gonna be a beautiful girl, Ethan!"
"I know I'm dashing. By the way, I'm asking for you to go on a date with me." With me lying comfortably looking up to him, must have looked really unattractive. What did he like about me. Without meaning to, I spluttered . He had a big smirk on his face that irks me.
"Fine let's go, but you're treating me to dinner," I said trying to hide my blush by shovelling ice cream into my mouth.
"It's always about food isn't it. I think all I have to do to make you fall for me is to give you food and bring you out to eat or cook for you."
"Then you have to try harder, because I might say yes." Instantly there was silence. Once I realised what I had said out loud, my face had turned bright red. My mouth really needed a filter.
Ethan responded by hugging me. I could sense his breath near my neck. "So, it might be a yes. Do you like me, Ambar?" Ethan asked softly, still holding me. I patted his back. "I didn't say I didn't like you. I'm just not ready for a relationship, you know, with what's going on," I said hoping I didn't step onto a bomb and ruined everything between Ethan and I.
"Yeah, I know. I'll wait for you," Ethan mumbled into my shoulder. As if my body had it own mind, I kissed Ethan on his forehead and rested my head on his shoulders. We were in a hug for a long time and well, until Titus walked in on us with a smug face as if he was whooping in victory.