Chapter 16

"What?" I was shocked. What in the world was she talking about?

"The two doctors are my parents. Always have been. On that note, I've always known about Blake and Mia being agents. I knew they were guarding you, Lana, but I had no idea who you were." Talia responded to me. She then turned to look at the others. "I was trained not to say a word about what my parents do. For my entire life. Back at Chloe's house, after Ryan said what he said, I instantly figured out that witness protection was involved. Everything just clicked into place. Then I told my parents what was going on, and they told me to keep my mouth shut until now that is. Having two doctors for parents gives you a tad bit of extra training. Also, Alan knew who I was the entire time"

Everyone turned to look at Alan.

"Guilty as charged." He said with a smirk. "They didn't want their allegiance getting out, for Talia here, so I didn't say anything."

"I want to be angry. So bad." Blake said.

"But you know how this sort of stuff works." Alan finished his thought.

"Yes."

"So how's Mia?" I ask.

"She'll recover. She'll be on bed rest for a while, but other than that, she could be back in the field as soon as a few weeks from now."

"She won't be happy about that," Blake said, slightly laughing.

"She'll have to get over it," Talia responded, deadpan.

"Who's going to break the news to her?" I ask.

"Mom and dad."

"Good luck to them," Blake says.

"Yep. Anyway, I've gotta go change but I'll meet you guys in the lounge. You won't be able to go see Mia for at least a few more hours, and you guys should grab some things to eat."

"Ok" We all responded in unison. Se then leaves the room.

Alan gets up to go back to his office, while Blake takes the rest of us to the lounge. Xavier was silently nominated to grab some food, but I trust his taste, he'll get the good stuff.

Once we arrive at the lounge, it's kind of awkward. A lot of things were revealed today, and many of them make me very uncomfortable. They weren't revealed in the way I wanted them to be revealed, and I haven't really had the time to wrap my head around it just yet.

"Chloe, do you know how much more difficult the case will now be to solve because of your brother?" Blake asks suddenly. To be honest, that was kind of a jerky thing of him to do. Why did he do it?

"I know, but why are you telling me?"

"Because you should have talked to him! You understood the consequences real fast. Your brother was just blind and stupid!"

"I know that! He's blinded by love! Or at least what he thinks is love. Again, why are you telling me this stuff? I don't control him!" Chloe was now yelling as well.

"Hey, guys..." Nava tried to stop them from arguing.

"Blake, Chloe! Stop arguing!" I try telling them. They don't listen to me.

"Ladies! Please!" Xavier's booming voice stopped Chloe and Blake. "Blake, control yourself. Chloe, you did tell us your brother could handle it, that you'd keep an eye on him."

"Sorry." They both apologize simultaneously.

"Now, there is some truth to what Blake said. The case is now much more difficult to deal with. Before, we were able to work in the shadows. Because the information got into the hands of the people who gossip the most, I'm willing to bet that practically the entire school and probably town know by this point. This means that people will now have their guard up."