22

ELROY

    It was foolish of me to even take Fay serious, I knew that. But there was something about the tone she used, something challenging. It was only alcohol though, it never really got to me untill I had more than I could take.

But this was bruichladdich whiskey. just one glass, then you'd start hearing voices and seeing things that aren't even real.

"Come on, don't chicken out." Fay teased.

I rolled my eyes and poured myself a shot, "Cheers." I said with a grim look before raising the glass and gulping it all down in one go.

Mistake.

It took me a minute to get myself, the hot flavour burned down my throat to my stomach, I could feel my insides expanding, shit. but I choose to ignore it.

It was just one shot. Can do no harm.

"Whoa... Ballsy of you." Fay cheered, raising her half filled glass before downing the content.

He face scrunched up. I guess it was pretty strong for her too. Maybe way to strong.

"You okay?" I had to ask, cause she just sat there, looking all stiff.

"Yeah... It's pretty strong. You win this round."  She chuckled.

"Yeah, and it's the last round we'll be having." I made it clear to her.

I knew it was kind of normal, two adults drinking in a somewhat remote motel. Trying to hangout or maybe get to know each other better. But this wasn't just too adults... This was Fay and I.

It was odd, to me.... The setting.

I knew I suggested it, I knew I wanted to spend some time with her, but it was all so unreal, we never go five seconds without arguing, that was like our private thing.

Sitting here with her, having a weird but somewhat normal conversation, was the the unreal thing about all this.

Well you signed up for this when you decided to give in. My mind grumbled.

Did I decide to give in?

Of course you did...

But I don't think so... I'm only doing this for grandma's sake and that's all. I want to make my grandma happy, and if it takes me being nice to Fay, then so be it.

Absentmindedly, I pored myself another shot.

"Thought you said that was your first and last drink for tonight?" Fay asked.

I looked at the filled shot glass in my hand, then shrugged. "Turns out bruichladdich isn't as bossy as it paints itself to be." I answered, taking a sip. Allowing my muscles to relax a bit, due to the alcohol, but surprisingly, I still had my senses in check.

Fay smiled.

There was something different about the look in her eyes, or maybe I was just seeing things. She seemed to have relaxed a bit, I guess the alcohol was to blame for that, but she still looked in control of her senses.