9

My bags were packed, and I was ready to get out of this damn castle. The week following the announcement of Pansy's wedding was filled with avoiding people spreading rumors about Pansy and especially staying away from a certain Malfoy. A lot of people were saying that Pansy was pregnant which was far from the truth. At least to my knowledge. The last thing that had to happen before I could leave for a long-deserved break though was the Slytherin Christmas party and an appearance at Slughorn's stupid dinner party. One I was excited for while the other made me want to gouge my eyes out.

I sat on my bed dressed in a knee-length green dress with strappy sleeves. It was one my mother had bought me for Christmas a year back. I missed her dearly. She always had a great sense of style and knew what looks good on me. I remember coming home from the department store with the dress in hand. A smile was beaming on her face as she showed me. She was so proud of her find. I had to admit the dress was gorgeous on me.

"You're going to be late," Pansy said packing her own trunk pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I don't want to go," I stalled, I had been sitting in our room watching her pack for over half an hour.

"Go, Snape asked you to go," Pansy turned to me giving me a serious look. She was trying to mother me which made me smile.

"He's creepy," I complained still not convinced enough to get off my arse.

"He's our teacher. Go have dinner and leave early. Plus, the Slytherin Christmas party starts right after you guys will eat dessert." Pansy coaxed me.

"Fine." I groaned loudly before getting up giving a little stretch.

"By the way, Blaise was invited. He's taking Ginny Weasley," Pansy said holding back a laugh. I smiled holding back my own. I was surprised Ginny Weasley agreed to go with him. The last I heard she was a feisty girl with a flaming personality. I was shocked he even got within ten feet of her without getting hit with one of her devilish Bat-Bogey Hexes. Blaise had a bit of a crush on her when we were younger before moving on to Pansy. It was nice to see him moving on from his jealousy of her and Theo. At least I knew there would be another Slytherin with me so I wasn't all alone.

"Have fun," Pansy called after me, pulling her outfit for the Slytherin Christmas party out of her packed trunk.

"I'll try," I grumbled.

I headed to the empty common room to wait for Blaise. Everyone was either busy setting up the party or getting ready for it. I took a sigh catching my appearance in the mirror. I looked older than I had a year ago. I was still short, and thin but my red hair was longer. It hung to my waist. I need to get it cut; it was starting to bother me. The ringlets hung perfectly, and my dress showed off just the right amount of cleavage and curves. Pansy even let me borrow her red heels that gave off the vibe that I was in the holiday spirit without trying. They also made me a bit taller which I could never say no to. I was starting to look like an adult. That scared me because I knew I was already an adult with everything that was going on. The heavy thick air and the sorrow in everyone's eyes were all indicators that a war was going to break out soon and it was aging all of us.

Someone coughed from the couch making me spin around in embarrassment. Of all people, Draco was sat and had seen me looking at myself. We hadn't spoken since he told me to stay away from him. So, stay away from him I did. Before he could say anything, Blaise entered the common room with a big smile on his face.

"There you are. Pansy said you were ready to go," Blaise said with a smile.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked him.

"Yeah, my date is meeting us there. Are you bringing anyone?"

"No, I'm going alone...Pansy stood me up," I smiled lightheartedly. Blaise chuckled and we left without even paying Malfoy any attention. I hadn't told the boys what had happened between Draco and I but I think they got the hint that things were not good. Blaise was kind enough to not acknowledge our friend as we left for my sake. It made me feel cared for, for the first time in a while.