15 || Hunting

I been searching for the words
But how do I say everything I need to

THIRD   POINT   OF   VIEW

Paul had stayed true to his word to not give Mirabelle any cause to use her kitchen knife on him. The boy was a bit cocky, sometimes making flirty jokes along the way, but Mirabelle quickly learned they were made without any romantic feelings. Two hours into their little jaunt and the pair had quickly settled into their comfortable friendship. 

Mirabelle was happy to get so many great shots of the coast. From the cliffs to the damps sands of La Push, her camera was full of rainy Washington now. She repaid the favor by buying him some lunch at one of the roadside diners. Her food looked quite appetizing considering it was almost dinnertime, but she could hardly manage to start picking at it when there was such an amusing sight before her. 

Paul ripped into the juicy sandwich of meat and vegetables as if he were a wild dog. Even the other customers that caught onto the loud chomping of his jaws turned their heads. The boy just had no cares to give. Nearly at the butt end of his food, Paul finally picked up his head. "What?" He asked with a fry nearly falling from the corner of his mouth.

"You have the eating manners of a one-year-old, you know that?" 

He briskly swiped a napkin across his face. "Well, I'm usually on better behavior when around a girl. Thankfully there's no girl around for me to be polite." Mirabelle threw a pickle at his face, smirking when it stuck comically. 

Paul peeled it off with a feigned expression of disgust. "And you say I have bad table manners." 

"Shut up, pig. Just close your mouth at least while you're eating."

"Fine, fine. I'll behave. Anyways, there's something more important that I wanted to ask you about." 

"What about?" She started munching on her salty fries. With the cold ice tea exuding droplets of water on its glass, the sweetness and saltiness made a delectable combination dance across her taste buds. It wasn't anything compared to Esme's homemade cooking but it definitely came in second. The diner was cute in its own way. Its vintage style making it quite homey especially when it was so gloomy outside. Thankfully the place didn't stink of fryer oil either. The scent of pumpkin spice masked it perfectly. 

"You and that Cullen guy. You a thing?" 

She stopped, furrowing her eyebrows. "And what makes that your business?" 

Paul lifted his hand in surrender. "Cool it, Mira. I've pretty much figured out that I can't tell you to do anything you don't want to do. But I will warn you; you need to keep as far away from that guy as possible. He's dangerous." 

Oh, he didn't even know the half of it. Mirabelle almost laughed at the way he was intently staring at her. "And what sort of danger does my boyfriend pose that is worse than being with you?"