Eleven

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

"Halloween festival?" I echoed Lorena.

She nodded. "It's the best way for us to get information on the vampires hunting you down. Stark and I will be watching from afar. Draver, Castor and Jazz will be withing a twenty foot radius of you and Iris."

"Why can't Stark be with me?" I asked cautiously, noticing the stiff Lycan mope in the corner.

Her eyes sharpened on his relaxed form. "We need to have a talk. We'll change out the positions every so often, but Stark will mainly be away from you."

I wasn't exactly complaining. The events of last night led to him taking the couch. At the moment, I wanted him as far as away from me as possible...at least I think I do. It was hard to push down the mating bond that seemed to make itself prominently known just as we had gotten into a dispute. What would've been minute tugs have turned into viscious yanks due to Stark's mark. All of my feelings were amplified. One moment I could cry in a corner the next I could be clutching my stomach with laughter. Stark seemed to have the same issue as mine. I could tell by the cracks and slips in his normally flawless composure.

"So," Iris broke. "We should go look for costumes!"

"No need." Lorena smiled softly, pulling off two bags from her arm and handing them to me. "I bought some on the way here. Now go try it on. I'm pretty sure everything will fit since you and Iris are the same size. You've been wearing her clothes since you got here."

"Really?" I blinked, looking down at my blue and white striped tank top. "I always thought this was yours."

Castor snorted from beside me. "Your boobs aren't as big as her's, darling."

I gave him a sickly sweet smile. "At least my boobs are bigger than your dick."

Iris scowled, "Enough of that nasty talk- I don't want any of that in my house. Shame on the both of you."

Chuckling, Lorena ushered the two of us into her room. "By the way, you have to change in the dark."

"This is absurd." I muttered, grappling around the darkness for a light switch.

"It's no use." Iris sighed. "Lorena has her light switch on the ceiling and she turns it on with her water. It's a practice for her."

"How convient." I grumbled sarcastically. There was the slight sound of shuffling and the familiar noise of plastic crumpling. I swallowed, "Please tell me you aren't trying on the outfit."

"Just do it." she laughed. "Come on, it's fun."

"I'll look like an idiot." I hissed. "What if I put the wrong thing on?"

"You'll be fine. Don't worry." she reassured me as the sound of a zipper snapped me into action.

"Yeah, yeah." I grumbled, stuffing my hand inside the bag as I groped around for my costume. "Is...is this a princess dress?" I exclaimed after feeling the jewels.

"You got one too?" Iris squealed. "Mine's a bit shorter."

I frowned, pulling it out of the bag. I could tell the dress was long since the fabric brushed against my toes. "How am I supposed to wear this thing?" I grumbled, feelings around the body of the dress in hopes that I would find a zipper.

Iris' hand touched mine, scaring the living crap out of me. I jumped, startled. "Oh my God, Iris, don't scare me like that."

She laughed and pulled the dress from my hands. "What's wrong with you? You're so ansty. Here, I'll find the start of the dress while you strip down."