What is Love?

"Will you go on a date with me?" Wanda blurts out one day after sparring with Natasha before she can talk herself out of it. To her credit, Natasha barely pauses in between gulps from her water bottle but Wanda can still see a small hint of blush on her neck.

"Of course," Natasha responds easily, swinging her gym bag over her shoulder. "Friday night, you know where to find me."

She walks out, barely pausing to turn and shoot a wink at Wanda before she's gone. Breathing a small sigh of relief, Wanda slumps against the wall as a grin begins to break out on her face.  Her bliss lasts exactly one hour. Then, she panics.

It's Wednesday afternoon which means she has just about two days before her date with Natasha. Suddenly, Wanda is regretting her decision. She has no idea what she's doing, doesn't have any sort of knowledge on what Natasha would like as a date. So she goes to the only person that might have any idea. Clint.

Wanda finds him in the kitchen and she immediately harasses him with her problems. After promptly laughing his ass off, Clint actually is somewhat helpful. "Don't get her roses, she's allergic." Wanda makes a mental note of this as Clint continues. "But she loves Lilies so that's always a good course of action."

"Lilies?"

"Yeah, you know, those weird-looking flowers from Alice in Wonderland that talk. They kinda—"

"I know what a Lily is, yes." Wanda huffs and Clint grins smugly, hopping up onto the counter behind him. "I just find it... odd."

"Yeah, well, that's one way to describe Nat." He shrugs, leaning back onto his hands. "You might want to take her somewhere a little private. Nothing too busy or she'll be on guard the entire time."

"And where would I find a place like this?" Wanda raises her eyebrows as Clint shrugs unhelpfully.

"Don't ask me!" He raises his hands in surrender. "Maybe go to Pepper for that information."

Wanda does end up seeking Pepper's help but she's out of the country on business so they only exchange a few quick texts. After successfully finding a location, Wanda feels a little more prepared for Friday night. She's actually excited despite her nerves.

Friday comes soon enough and, after spending the whole day fussing about the upcoming events, Wanda finally feels ready. She's got her flowers, the venue, and she even looks presentable. That is about as good as it's gonna get in Wanda's mind. So, she finally decides to make her way over to Natasha's room.

She gets there at around 6:50 but then spends the next ten minutes burning a hole in the floor as she paces back and forth. Eventually, Wanda gets the courage to knock and does so tentatively. The door opens almost immediately and Natasha stands there practically grinning, wearing black dress pants and a white blouse. The outfit is paired with modest black stilettos that bring her up to Wanda's height. She looks stunning.

"You're beautiful," Natasha says, eyes looking Wanda over appreciatively before Wanda can even open her mouth. She takes in the flowing black fabric of Wanda's dress and her cute red ballet flats. Natasha briefly wonders how she got so lucky.

"Yes, well, Steve helped with my makeup and this dress was from—"

"No, Wanda, you're beautiful," Natasha emphasizes, slowly moving closer to Wanda like she's scared she'll disappear if she moves too suddenly. She stops only a foot away from Wanda, looking at the bouquet she has in her hands as if it's the first time she's noticed it. "Are these for me?"

"Of course," Wanda says confidently even as she blushes and the smile Natasha gives her rivals the sun. She takes them gently from Wanda's hands and raises them to her nose, inhaling their scent for a moment.