Chapter 57 <Esmeralda>

Magnus helped me get bathed, taking time to tenderly wash my body and hair. I was happy that I wasn't very dirty around my legs, otherwise I would've been concerned about my knee situation. We simply washed around it anyways and I did it by myself since Magnus was so worried he'd accidentally hurt me. He wouldn't but he still worried. After that, he gave me some clean clothes. Clothes he got from our house. It was a warm pair of sweats and a simple but nice shirt. We decide to put the brace over the sweats. I brushed my hair out, sitting at the dining table with Harley by my side. Magnus was making food now and it smelt delicious.

My stomach growled loudly. "What's inside you, a hungry monster?" Harley smirked, nudging me playfully. I giggled a bit and rolled my eyes slowly.

"Well, not a monster. But there is a really hungry baby," I hummed, tapping my fingers against the table. I rested my cheek in my palm and looked over at Magnus who smirked while preparing a plate. "I bet, what did they feed—" Harley stopped himself. "Never mind, don't answer that." I looked over at him, watching his smile fall. Mine did as well but I bit my lip and spoke.

"It was always salads. I got lucky if I got bread too but that's it." I placed my hand on Harley's as he looked at me. He squeezed my hand and nodded gently.

"I'm sorry," Magnus whispered. "I'm sorry for what they did to you."

"Don't be, it wasn't your fault at all." My hands slowly reached up to cup his face. "Every time something happened, I only thought about you. I thought about when we watch movies together, eat together..." I whispered softly. "It distracted me from any pain or discomfort....for as long as I could keep it up."

Magnus clenched his jaw, staring at me while I slowly removed my hands from his face. He reaches up and gripped my chin firmly before slowly tilting my head to the side. I knew exactly what he was looking at and I squeezed my eyes shut. I could feel his hand shaking a bit as he held my face gently. "How are you gonna fix it?" I asked softly, opening my eyes. "Do you have to bite me again? Do we have to do the ritual again?" I reached up to hold his wrist. His eyes, glowing gold with rage, stared into my own eyes. They felt itchy and I tilted my head more to the side, casting my eyes downward. I was still unable to keep eye contact with him even when he wasn't mad at me.

"I just have to bite you again. No ritual. It'll work since it was—is official. Before all this happened." He huffed and grabbed a paper towel, wiping his face. "Let's get you out of here, you're finished anyways." Magnus carefully helped me out of the chair and I grasped his shoulders as he picked me up. I watched his expression grow a bit tired. But at the same time he looked pretty worried and I noticed his eyes were strained on my neck. I said nothing at first, even as we made it to bed. When he finally got to the room we were in before, he placed me in the bathroom and we brushed our teeth in silence. After I rinsed my mouth, I noticed his bothered eyes still on my neck. Then I opened my mouth and spoke with as much reassurance and I could.

"Magnus...you can do it..." I whispered. "You can fix it. I won't freak out. It's you, how could I?" I chimed softly, leaning up just a bit to peck his lips slowly, tenderly. "I love you too much to doubt you like that. I can tell the difference, I really can." Magnus stared up at me. Then he stood, easily towering over me like a skyscraper almost.

"Are you sure?" He hummed, wrapping a arm around my body only slightly. I smiled up at him, gently, and nodded.

"Positive, master~" I said sweetly. Magnus smiled and released a small laugh.

"Well let's get you in a comfortable position for your leg in bed. After this we're going straight to sleep. Got it?"

"Yessir!" I saluted him and giggled as he swept me off my feet, carrying me towards the bed. Some clothes were stacked and folded neatly at the center of the bed. The clothes were picked up by Magnus and he helped me put on the pajamas which just consisted of a t-shirt and that was it. I frowned slowly as he slipped the shirt over my head after taking the other shirt I was wearing off. I didn't understand why he gave me a new shirt at first, then it clicked. "This is your shirt, isn't it?" I grinned up at him after slipping my arms through the sleeves. Magnus smirked back at me.

"Yup," He said, "It's my shirt. Don't worry though, that's new underwear I got for you." Magnus gave me a wink and I stuck my tongue out in reply.

"Watch it baby, might have to spank you for that," He joked, undoing the covers and helping slide under them. I watched as he moved to the other side of the bed, laying back once he caged me with his arms.

"Sorry, I won't do it again, I promise." My arms raised in surrender. Magnus smiled softly and kissed me slowly. I shivered a bit but relaxed my body, reminding myself over and over that it was Magnus. The man who I was going to have a baby with. The man I'm gonna marry. The man who's spanked me before... I giggled a bit.

"What's so funny?" Magnus chuckled as he pulled away. I bit my lip while smiling up at him innocently.

"Nothing."

"Such a liar." I gasped dramatically.

"I'm not a liar, I'm telling the truth!" I said with a pout. Magnus narrowed his eyes slowly, staring me down. I slowly shrunk back and gulped slowly. "I mean...I'm only telling half of the truth..."

"Uh huh," Magnus growled down at me and playfully bit my cheek. I blinked in surprised and smiled again.

"I was just thinking about us is all," I mumbled, closing my eyes as he kissed down my neck, stopping at the mark on my neck. Magnus sighed, moving away to stare at it. I pressed my lips together and tilted my head to the side a bit more. "Magnus, please. Just fix it, I don't want to feel it there anymore." I pleaded softly. Magnus breathed out slowly before nodding.

"Breath in slowly." He leaned down slowly. "Breathe out." He bit down just as I did so.

I covered my mouth to muffled my scream.