14. Shock.

Chapter 14: Shock.

I'm currently at Hannah's house and we're both in her bedroom, looking at dresses we could probably wear to prom, in Teen Vogue.

"So, you're trying to tell me that it just sorta happened?" I ask Hannah and she nods her head. I'm confronting her about her recent affair with Chad.

"It just kinda happened? Hannah, you hate him. Like that's horrible." I tell her, bluntly.

"See, this is why we don't get along. You're so condescending." She tells me.

"How is, me telling you that your boyfriend is a manwhore, condescending?" I ask her.

"Nope. Hell no, I'm not doing this." She says, standing up from the sofa she was seated on.

"Doing what?" I ask her, shrugging.

"This." She says, pointing in between the two of us.

"I just want you to make good choices." I tell her.

"And I am." She says, folding her arms.

"Look, being a teenager is stressful enough, I just want to have fun and not be scrutinized for who I date. I just want to be a teenage girl. I want to get my heartbroken. I want to cry with a bucket of ice cream by my side. I just want to experience it all. And you always cock blocking isn't helping." She adds.

"Okay." Is all I say, as I flip through the magazine on my lap.

***

"I can't believe he said that." Sasha says, touching Hannah's hair.

"I know right? Chad's a piece of work." Hannah replies, smiling at her.

"You're still coming tonight right?" Sasha asks Hannah.

What's happening tonight? I sure know that I wasn't invited.

"Yeah girl." Hannah tells her.

"What's happening tonight?" I ask them, leaning on my locker.

"Oh, I'm having a sleepover. Friends only." Sasha says, giving me a nasty stare.

"Oh, I thought it was something important." I tell her, as I start to walk away.

"Well, it's important to me." Sasha says, behind me.

I don't reply I just keep on walking.

First, Hannah started dating Chad, now she's friends with Sasha, his ex-girlfriend. This is so out of character, even for her.

I walk to my science class and I see that I am the first one to arrive.

I sit down at the front and I set my notes on my desk.

"Early bird huh." A voice says. A voice I recognize to be Zachary's.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I'm a student of this class." He replies.

I don't respond, I just doodle on my notes.

"Pretty flowers." Zachary says beside me.

"Why are you here?" I ask him.

"You already asked me that." He says smirking.

"I meant, why are you here so early and sitting beside me?" I ask him, folding my arms.

"The other seats were taken." He says, staring at me.

"By who? Ghosts." I say, looking at him.

"And, don't you have a bad boy reputation to uphold?" I ask him again.